Talk

Advanced search

EMCS scar pain

(4 Posts)
NewMummy5July2011 Tue 06-Sep-11 21:24:16

Hi
I keep seeing all kinds of info that after 6 weeks your scar and pain should be healed and fully back to normal.

However I feel lots of pain and itching around my scar still and it's been 8 weeks. I am being treated for a possible infection (doc wasn't too worried, just a precaution) but I'm feeling frustrated by the fact that I'm still so sensitive there. I'm still wearing giant pants to stop anything rubbing on it.

Is this normal and anyone else who had sections experience pain for a while after, that is, longer than the standard 6 weeks?

KATC2010 Tue 06-Sep-11 21:35:12

I think at 6 weeks your scar is still quite new really and you can expect residual pain for some time after. It will lessen but I think even now (9 months out) I can OCCASSIONALLY feel a pull/tug when I move in some positions. This is not to say it will always hurt, but that it gradually improves. If it becomes incredibly painful I would request it to be looked at again.

Good luck x

MayMummy11 Thu 08-Sep-11 10:17:34

I am 14 weeks post c section and still tender and sensitive though the scar has healed very well. I have numbness in some areas too. I am afraid I haven't given up the giant pants yet as they stop jeans/trousers/any waist bands rubbing on that area! I think 8 weeks post c section is still early days as EMCS is quite major surgery. Be kind to yourself and take one day at a time. Sounds like you are doing brilliantly and healing well, but if it is very uncomfortable I'd ask for it to be looked at to put your mind at rest.

FutureNannyOgg Thu 08-Sep-11 21:20:06

It depends on how you define pain really, but 6 weeks is not nearly long enough. I still have numbness and itching after a year, I had some serious adhesion pain still at around 8 months, but the worst of the post-op was over by 10 weeks definitely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now