Talk

Advanced search

4 weeks post c-section - wound now bleeding- please help!

(5 Posts)
CJ2010 Mon 05-Sep-11 10:01:16

I hope someone can please advise me- I am nearly 4 weeks post c-section and I woke up this morning to find my wound bleeding, bright red blood. I wiped the area clean and it looks like a tiny section of the wound has opened up. I am really panicking as DP is due back at work tomorrow and cant take anymore time off.

I thought the outside of the wound had fully healed up so this has taken me by surprise. Is this normal? How could this have happened?

Meglet Mon 05-Sep-11 10:05:52

Go and see your gp, neither of mine were bleeding at that stage. Its probably fine but don't leave it.

Can you get any extra help when your DH goes back to work? If not then do the bare minimum, no housework, no cooking, gentle walks, lots of rest and it will have time to recover.

silverangel Mon 05-Sep-11 10:27:43

CJ exactly the same happened to me. I am 5 weeks post section now and last Monday it looked as if about 1cm in the middle was opening up. I have been cleaning it meticulously, put a little dressing on it to keep it dry and it seems to be fine now. I would say if any of the area around it is red or inflammed, any pus or bad smell or pain / fever you need to get checked asap.

I think I was physically doing to much which caused mine to bleed - take it as easy as poss!

CJ2010 Mon 05-Sep-11 13:38:38

Thanks for the replies, im going to see my GP later on today.

grc3626 Tue 06-Sep-11 08:39:17

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now