Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding 10 weeks after birth? Help!

(5 Posts)
blackchloe Sun 04-Sep-11 21:34:27

I had my baby 10 weeks ago. I had to have the placenta manually removed as the cord was kindly snapped by the midwife! At my 6 week check I had stopped bleeding. The doctor suggested that I went back on to Cerazette for contraception purposes. When I started taking it I had period type pains and started lightly bleeding again. I am still bleeding now 4 weeks on so came off Cerazette last night. I now have period pains and bleedingis much heavier. Is this Cerazette screwing up my cycle, just a long period, still bleeding from childbirth or worse retained placenta bits? ANy thoughts ladies?

GiraffesHaveMoreFun Sun 04-Sep-11 21:35:59

Not sure - go to GP. Fwiw, I had lochia for about 3 mths. Grim!

first1 Sun 04-Sep-11 22:31:08

I stopped bleeding 3 weeks postnatal. Gp said I could go back on microgynon a week later. Half way through pack started bleeding and every day got heavier n heavier until I was admitted in a&e with "extensive bleeding and clots" where I was given tranexamic acid to slow bleeding and a scan to check for retained products. But negative. The pill royally messed me up and gynae consultant recommended mirena iud. I was on the pill for five years previously with no problem. Hope your outcome is better than mine

blackchloe Mon 05-Sep-11 20:52:09

Thanks first1. I think it is the pill that has messed up my cycle. Have been doing lots of research on cerazette in particular and have found lots of women with similar experiences to me, which is strange because like you I had no problems previously.

MonkeeMummy Wed 07-Sep-11 11:22:05

Oh crap, I've just started cerazette (3 weeks postnatal) and wondered why I was having heavier bleeding and the odd cramp. Is there any other pill you can take while breastfeeding?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now