Talk

Advanced search

Cbt & childbirth

(3 Posts)
glitternanny Fri 02-Sep-11 14:34:19

im working my way through 'Effective Birth Preparation' and have come to the bit where I write down my fears and negative thoughts and throw them away.

I just wondered if anyone has used cbt to diminish irrational thoughts prior to labour to help calm them down and get some realism in the situation.

(My reason for this book (along side natal hypnotherapy) is a history of panic attacks - this is my 1st baby I'm 29weeks)

glitternanny Sat 03-Sep-11 10:17:28

bump

noones sad

sugarsnappea Sat 03-Sep-11 18:58:49

I had fear releasing hynotherapy before my first birth. I knew something was up, I just didn't know what it was. I discovered that my biggest fear was that I'd be as rubbish/ abusive and neglectful a parent as mine were. It was a wonderful revelation to me that that was what had been worrying me and niggling away at the back of my mind. After the fear release exercise a weight really was lifted. As a mother of a 2 year old now I am doing the best job that I can and am an incredibly loving and nurturing parent, I am the parent I want to be not the parent I worried I would be (if that makes sense).
Good luck, the labour is just a day or two, the motherhood lasts forever - and is great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now