Talk

Advanced search

Anyone given birth with stinking cold/flu?

(9 Posts)
LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Wed 31-Aug-11 17:26:39

Cone and tell me it's not going to be that bad. Have caught something from dd, have scratchy throat and sickness feeling already and due next week. Bound to go into labour when I feel like shot, oh and dd doesn't sleep well so am already knacked all the time sad

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Wed 31-Aug-11 17:27:33

Btw I know people will have given birth feeling like this and much worse, just looking for some reassurance!

bigbadbarry Wed 31-Aug-11 17:30:29

Bet your body waits until you feel better smile (Sorry to not answer the question at all.)

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Wed 31-Aug-11 18:44:55

I hope so grin

MonsterBookOfTysons Wed 31-Aug-11 18:48:05

Before giving birth to both dc I had really bad colds, but they seemed to disappear just before labour started.

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Wed 31-Aug-11 19:14:31

Wow monster that's one way to cure the common cold wink

MonsterBookOfTysons Wed 31-Aug-11 19:21:19

grin It was very good timing.

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Thu 01-Sep-11 03:59:09

So will look out for sudden disappearance of cold as a sign of imminent labour

octopusinabox Sat 03-Sep-11 19:23:12

I had a bad cold before I went into labour. During it it seemed to disappear but sadly came back the day after. Either my body dealt with it whilst it got on with more important stuff or I just didn't notice the effects as I was otherwise occupied. Either way it didn't affect teh birth at all or make me feel crap during or just after it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now