Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Term+2...

(14 Posts)
pugh Wed 31-Aug-11 09:35:49

and nothing is happening! Had a sweep and overnight lots of tightenings. Convinced myself it would be 'happening' today...yet nothing. Grrrr! Everything disappeared now and with DH on pat leave I feel like a watched kettle that is SO not boiling. He means it in nicest possible way.

Dd 1 was about 4 days late but hey ho...don't fAncy an induction!

Secondtimelucky Wed 31-Aug-11 09:53:24

Oh, poor you. Nothing I can do but you have my sympathies. Mine were +8 and +9. If your DH is off work, send him out with the older one and have a nice nap!

Flisspaps Wed 31-Aug-11 09:55:42

He's already started his paternity leave?

Can he not go back to work and resume once the baby is actually born, or did he have to start it on the date he put the baby was due? If DH had done that, he'd have been back at work when DD was born - she was 40+16!

Fingers crossed that things get moving for you!

pugh Wed 31-Aug-11 10:16:19

Hello again STL! DH had to tak pat leave as has other work commitments to plan and schedule...at this rate we are seeing a lot of each othersmile) dd is off to nursery and don't think we can go out for lunch every day! Maybe a long walk. Sitting still there are contractions for up to 60 seconds but not really regular...guess not established.

As for t+ 16- no way! Saw consultant y'day and booked induction for t+ 7... oh well! Let's get walking.

Secondtimelucky Wed 31-Aug-11 12:55:47

Fingers crossed. Maybe you'll kick off tonight. If DD is off to nursery, you know what everyone recommends to bring on labour wink

pugh Thu 01-Sep-11 16:01:28

And T +3...and sooooo fed up. Defo don't feel like the saucy suggestions to induce labour.in fact feeling a bit low.grrr!not that I relish what is waiting in way of br-feeding and sleepless nights.

first1 Thu 01-Sep-11 16:07:25

Least your baby will be the oldest not youngest now of his/her year!

Secondtimelucky Thu 01-Sep-11 20:22:52

Oh Pugh. Sorry to hear that you are still waiting. I'm not going to have internet access for a couple of weeks (I know, how will I live?) so I wanted to say that I hope it all goes well for you. I hope that the labour goes ok, and that whatever you finally do on feeding works for you and your family.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I am less knackered with a newborn than I was at the very end of my pregnancy. Mind you, my DD2 has done a week of waking at least every two hours, and being very fussy from 4am. Yawn, yawn. Still not as bad as overdue plus toddler though, seriously...

pugh Fri 02-Sep-11 14:58:10

SLT, hope you get this post before heading off. Mind you is it voluntary going somewhere without internet access?

Lovely posts and currently sitting on a ball after being out&about as family.here is hoping. Defo had a 'show' yesterday and yet more twinges overnight but a waiting game.

Xx

Secondtimelucky Fri 02-Sep-11 22:00:21

Yes- we're off on holiday. Yeah. Mind you, easyjet and two children is going to be fun! Had a better night last night - a four hour stretch at the start of the night. Woo hoo. I'll take my positives where I can find them.

Do let me know what happens. I'll check back in when I'm back! I'll be thinking of you.

Haribojoe Fri 02-Sep-11 22:05:52

FWIW everytime I've arranged a T+10 induction (have got 3DS) the baby has arrived within 48 hours.

I think mine just hang on till I give up waiting IYSWIM.

Good luch smile

pugh Thu 08-Sep-11 08:55:27

He is here! One pessary followed by spontaneous rupture of membranes and once the hormone drip (and epidural) was up got from 2cm to fully in 4 hours. Normal delivery and only a couple of stitches...9lbs and a bit back to back...rather sore even with epidural!

Thanks to all. No regrets in going for induction. Fantastic care apart from the postnatal ward which is a joke& shocking food.

No back trawling br-feed thread.grrr!

Pamsie Thu 08-Sep-11 09:09:58

Congratulations. It's so comforting to hear of positive induction stories. I'm t+4 and induction booked for t+11. I hope that I won't have to wait that long.
Congrats again. smile

Flisspaps Thu 08-Sep-11 09:11:29

Huge congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now