Talk

Advanced search

Any sonographers/Drs/obstetricians out there? Help!

(3 Posts)
littlepiglet Tue 30-Aug-11 14:05:00

I had an ultrasound scan today. The results have baffled me.

The sonographer was professional, but had a job to do, and it was obvious she just wanted to get on with it.

I'm 28 weeks, and was referred for a scan today, after my consulatant appointment last Friday, where they diagnosed polyhydramnios, and measuring 4 weeks ahead of dates.

Today the AFI is 16.4cm (which is reassuring), the baby is measuring spot on for dates (again good) - but - she measured the blood flow through the umbilical artery & it is 0.79 (Pl) and 0.0 (Rl).

These measurements mean nothing to me, but on the little graph thing she's put me midway between 5th C & 50th c.

I'm now worried sick that this means the cord bloodflow is compromised, but all she said is all looks fine, but see your GP...!!!

I'm now really worried!

I should add that I'm 41, have a high BMI, had polyhydramnios & large baby last year (with DD, who became distressed at 38 weeks requiring emcs, plus she was unstable lie).

This baby is breech too (I have a low, right-side fibroid), and the Drs can't feel by pressing on me, the presentation (they thought due to polyhydramnios - obviously not the case).

I'm really concerned about the cord bloodflow, and how urgent it is

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Tue 30-Aug-11 15:53:46

I think and I stress think that it sounds good. I'm sure the lower the number the better. Surely if there was a problem they would have told you.

I also have polyhydramnios and measuring 4 weeks too big and have a breech baby and am having to have more scans so know how you feel smile

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Tue 30-Aug-11 15:54:05

Oh and I'm neither an obs nor a sonographer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now