Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone's water broken when out in public?

(13 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Wed 24-Aug-11 21:12:58

I've never met anyone who has experienced this but surely it happens? With dd1 it was in the middle of the night and was helpfully while I was on the loo. After 20 mins of trickling I realised it wasn't wee anymore! grin

HMTheQueen Wed 24-Aug-11 21:20:11

Mine was in bed too - somehow I managed to get from the bed to the bathroom without leaking a drop... confused Once in the bathroom, it was gushing! grin

I hoped it would happen in Sainsbo's or John Lewis so I'd get all the free stuff that they supposedly give out! grin

PacificDogwood Wed 24-Aug-11 21:22:56

Nope - 1 artificial rupture of membranes in hospital
1 em CS
1 rupture in the middle of labour in hospital

And <<drumroll>> one enormous waterfall in bed lying perfectly still on my back confused - 1 night after I had removed the electric blanket <<cutting it fine grin>>

chorltonandthewheelies Wed 24-Aug-11 21:24:29

Yes me - twice! Baby no 2 - waters broke in a mobile phone shop in Manchester, all male assistants, don't know who was most mortified! I then had to squelch into mcdonalds to buy my toddler a promised happy meal before I could get her into the car & drive home!

Baby no 3 - went to buy a pizza in our little village in Scotland, as I got out the car and stepped on the pavement - woosh! Cue much laughing from my little girls about " mummy peeing herself"!

Baby no1 broke waters in my bed, what a mess :-)

Hopefully baby no 4 will save my dignity, getting cs at 39 wks so no more public displays expected!

sittinginthesun Wed 24-Aug-11 21:26:47

DS2 - taking DS1 for walk in local park. Few weeks early, so was a bit of a shock. Luckily, I met a friend who convinced me I really ought to go home and phone the hospitalsmile

PacificDogwood Wed 24-Aug-11 21:27:42

grin chorlton and good luck!

HMTheQueen Wed 24-Aug-11 21:32:10

Chorlton - Did you get anything from the mobile phone place (obsessed with freebies grin )?

chorltonandthewheelies Wed 24-Aug-11 21:47:30

Nope no freebies but I couldnt get out quick enough! :-)

nannyl Wed 24-Aug-11 22:50:03

watching with interest

Im 37 and a half weeks

as well as waterproof matress protector (and a spare one in the drawer) i have a pampers bedmat on my bed now. (bigger and cheaper than "maternity" mats)
+ keeping one in the car just in case and plan to put a skirt in car just in case anything happens while i am out anywhere too!

TinkerLily Thu 25-Aug-11 00:08:11

Mine went in the loo of a restaurant at 36 weeks. It was a bit of a shock, but all went well with the labour and my son is a strapping 6' rugby player! I still grin when I drive past the restaurant even now.

Davsmum Fri 26-Aug-11 15:55:05

I think it was Sainsbury's years ago that promised a years free supply of nappies or something like that - to anyone whose waters broke in their Stores.

ihavequestions Fri 26-Aug-11 21:28:30

Surely it would be quite easy to fake that? The staff aren't going to inspect you that closely, presumably!

Davsmum Tue 30-Aug-11 09:26:49

I think they would expect you to go straight to hospital and see ( not literally) a baby delivered as the proof.
I can't see anyone wanting to fake it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now