Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this a show? TMI warning

(7 Posts)
9DonkeysAndABoy Wed 24-Aug-11 14:11:23

I am 37 +5 today. Normal pregnancy. I just had some clear mucus on wiping with only a spot of brown. Not 'custard and jam' like some would describe (ugh). I haven't had mucus the whole pregnancy which is what confuses me. I have only had some very mild period like pains, but I had those at certain stages throughout pregnancy. I have also done a GBS swab today, so am wondering if I 'disturbed' something. Don't want to be in labour yet!! Does this sound like a show?

Thank you!

Lynzilove Wed 24-Aug-11 14:54:09

The shows I had were a substantial lump of mucus. Mine didn't come while wiping, one came when I'd been to the toilet which I'd noticed in the bowl around due date and noticed another while I was blush using the mirror to give myself a trim in preparation for hospital (day before baby came). I didn't think I'd recognise I but there was no mistaking, mine was kinda clear/transparent.

Did get pinky mucus after swabs and sweeps though as if it had been loosened, could be what it is.

9DonkeysAndABoy Wed 24-Aug-11 15:14:52

Could be Lynzi, thanks. It was transparent, but not too much of it. How long after the first show did you go into labour?

jenna13 Wed 24-Aug-11 17:44:48

I had this too, there wasn't much at first but 2 days later contractions started and I had a proper show so it could be the start of things

LittleOne76 Wed 24-Aug-11 18:22:02

I'm also 37+5 today and had quite a bit of clear discharge earlier today. I haven't had a huge amount of discharge throughout the pregnancy so noticed this but it was totally clear without any colour. Exciting if this could be the beginnings of something happening and we're a few days away as jenna13's experienced..! I haven't had any cramps and don't actually think I've felt braxton hicks at all (either that or I don't notice them?) so am on the lookout for other signs. I'm hoping that our little one comes a bit earlier.... actually, maybe give us another week..!

9DonkeysAndABoy Wed 24-Aug-11 19:53:41

Eeek! Yes - I don't know - I am the same as you LittleOne, though I wanted a bit of time to get things ready still!

Lynzilove Fri 26-Aug-11 07:30:12

It was over a week after my first show but less than 12 hrs after second that I went into labour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now