Talk

Advanced search

Will i get another cesarean after having 2 already?

(7 Posts)
Li11 Tue 23-Aug-11 12:08:51

My first son was born via an Emergency c-section and my second son was planned as the fisrt one weighed 9.7lbs and with me being small it was thought that it may result in an ECS anyway(thankgoodness as he was 9.5lb)

When i spoke about my 'options' with my midwife with DC 3 she said that i will not automatically beable to request a c-section becasue it is a different hospital and the fact that this baby has a different father means that there is a chance that this baby will not be as big. I did then explain that big babies run in my family- i was 9.5lb and my sisters babies were 10lb'ers!

I am really disgruntled that i wont get one- i know they are more expensive and i understand that but i have heard that there are risks with giving birth natuarlly after having had 2 c-sections already.

Has anyone had this experience?

belgo Tue 23-Aug-11 12:11:43

Don't worry, I'm sure after two CS you will get another.

coccyx Tue 23-Aug-11 12:15:40

won't they see if baby is 'big' first. No medical reason for section.
my sil had VBAC , well 2 sections, and all went well

My SIL had an ECS followed by two planned ones, I don't think she had any problems with that. She is tiny though (and my brother is 6'6!) and her babies were comparatively large.

belgo Tue 23-Aug-11 13:42:51

Two previous sections is a medical reason to have a third.

Raven78 Tue 23-Aug-11 19:33:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coccyx Tue 23-Aug-11 20:25:10

Don't agree BELGO, not an automatic reason for a third section. My sil was encouraged to have a VBC after 2 sections, no other underlying issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now