Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stomach upset after C-section

(7 Posts)
CJ2010 Mon 22-Aug-11 18:12:44

I'm 12 days post c-section and I've been experiencing awful diarrhoea for the past few days, it could be a totally separate thing but I was wondering if it's just my body's way of clearing all the drugs that were pumped into my system? I don't normally get stomach upsets so I'm curious to know if others have experienced this?

yummytummy Mon 22-Aug-11 20:09:12

hi, yeah i had similar! think its normal. soon settled down though, just ate really bland food till then. congrats on new baby!!

Haggisfish Tue 23-Aug-11 00:15:55

More likely to be the rummaging in the bowels they do! Yes, I had an upset tummy, too.

Cheria Tue 23-Aug-11 13:32:01

What pain meds are you taking?

CJ2010 Tue 23-Aug-11 20:39:09

I'm not taking anything now but I was taking paracetemol.

Cheria Tue 23-Aug-11 21:37:01

OK just checking. I was given anti inflammatories which gave me ulcers, which was mega serious. That's why I asked. Paracetamols won't be causing the pain / upset stomach.

Check with your GP after a few days if things don't get better, but I think the stomach gets so pushed around during pregnancy that it is normal to be a little upset.

mrsaligee Wed 24-Aug-11 13:30:28

Hi, I had the oppposite actually, was completely bunged up and had to take Fybogel to get me going again. Hope you get better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now