Talk

Advanced search

Where's my period???

(5 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Mon 22-Aug-11 15:46:36

dd was born 4 months ago. I did my last bf at 6 weeks. I have had rotten PMT on and off for weeks. Still no period!!!

Where is it?
When will it come back?
When should I go to dr if it doesn't arrive?

Also my hair is falling out like mad in places which is rather depressing too! sad

jenrendo Mon 22-Aug-11 15:49:08

My hair fell out too and I was most upset but it is fine now. My DS is 11 months. I didn't BF but I know that my friend's period didn't come back for a long time. She stopped BFing at 6 months and has only had 1 period since. It takes a long time for your body to get back to normal!

jenrendo Mon 22-Aug-11 15:50:27

Oh, and it was all round the front that my hair fell out and now it is like a fluffy baby's hair growing back in. My hairdresser laughed at it the other day hmm

GetDownYouWillFall Mon 22-Aug-11 19:42:39

My periods took 18 months to come back (and I stopped bfeeding DD at 3 weeks old!)

I think it varies a lot. I went to the GP about it, she wasn't too concerned but sent me for a blood test.

In typical style my first period started the day I had my appt to go back and discuss the blood results (they came back normal!)

Our bodies are weird sometimes!

Whenisitmysleepytime Mon 22-Aug-11 19:46:05

Thanks ladies!
It didn't take this long after ds, nor did I lose so much hair in patches.

The bald bits are round the front- at the sides- kid if where men's hair receeds at the top IYSWIM. I had absent mindedly pushed my sunglasses on top of my head today and it was SO noticeable! Won't be doing that again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now