Talk

Advanced search

Bounty pack 3 question??

(18 Posts)
LauraSmurf Sun 21-Aug-11 18:02:14

A bit of a strange question for the childbirth thread but i am trying to decide which nappy bin to buy (please don't flame me for that decision alone!) A friend told me that she got given a voucher for a free angelcare nappy bin in her 3rd bounty pack.

If this is still the case i will wait to get one.

I guess my question is, do you still get a free nappy bin voucher in your bounty pack 3?

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Sun 21-Aug-11 18:04:44

I very much doubt it. Tbh I really wouldn't bother with one. Why would you want all that poo sweating away in your house? Go into the baby changing room of any Mothercare. That's what your house will smell like. Just sling the nappy in a bag and chuck it straight in the outside bin.

MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 21-Aug-11 18:06:20

I dont think this exists now, I has the voucher for ds who is now 3 but not dd who is 11 months.
FWIW We stopped using our nappy bin, it is cheaper to buy value nappy bags then keep buying the dispenser bag thing. smile

LauraSmurf Sun 21-Aug-11 18:24:45

Thank you for responses. The only reason for nappy bin is we live in 3 story town house (nursery on top floor) black bin is downstairs, across garden, through gate, down the alley, round the corner in the communal bin store. So i am going to give a nappy bin a try as i really hate emptying the black bin at the best of times!

Thanks for the answers.

PeterSpanswick Mon 22-Aug-11 07:31:30

Hi, I had a voucher in my first pack, coming up for two years ago and am due again in two weeks so will let you know!

I already had a nappy bin and it was a lifesaver for me as our landfill bags only get collected every two weeks which would definitely result in a smelly house if the nappies were hanging round in black sacks in the outhouse for a fortnight!

Ours didn't smell, we put the nappies in a nappy bag and then sealed them in the cassette with the lid closed.

QTPie Mon 22-Aug-11 08:00:12

Hi

Can't help with the voucher, but we have the Sangenic Hygiene+ nappy bin/cartridge system. We have used it since LO was born (now almost 19 months). It is pretty good, BUT we do keep it next to a plug-in air freshener!

You don't know how well it works for you until you try it. Cartridges ARE expensive, but we like it....

Cattleprod Mon 22-Aug-11 08:09:37

I got the Angelcare voucher with DS who is now 3.3. I found it better than the Tommee Tippee bin as it has a sprung flap inside which helps keep the smells in. I didn't even bother with the cartridges, just used it as a normal bin and emptied as necessary.

I don't know if the vouchers are still in the bounty packs, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a half price offer on the Angelcare recently, just not sure where <helpful>.

Cattleprod Mon 22-Aug-11 08:13:04

Does anybody know when you get bounty pack 2? I can't remember from last time, but I'm 31 weeks now and I'm sure I'd had it by this stage.

PrincessScrumpy Mon 22-Aug-11 11:06:28

We live in a 3 storey house and the bin outside is throught the garden and in the parking bit at the back so not easy to get to. We needed a bin and the Tommee Tippee one was on offer for £10 in Mothercare so we got it (3 years ago). I have to say it was a great purchase. I really thought it would be a waste of money but it did keep smells in (we emtied it each night) and now dd1 is 3.5 we're using it as a bathroom bin until our twins arrive in less than 2 weeks.

It is however something you can last without, certainly to start with, so wait and see if you get a voucher, if not, send dh out to buy one - or be like my friend who had 2, one upstairs and one downstairs. That did seem excessive to me.

LauraSmurf Mon 22-Aug-11 14:13:29

This is all great info thanks a million ladies!

The consensus seems to be no voucher, which now means i have to decide which nappy bin. Grr, i was hoping to not do yet another battle with my indecisive nature!

Anyone want to take the decision out of my hands and just tell me which to buy!

Secondtimelucky Mon 22-Aug-11 17:21:33

I'd just buy a traditional bin with a tight fitting lid - about a fiver. Then, once a day, gather up all the nappies into a carrier bag, and take outside. Rinse out bin with a splash of bleach. Bingo, a fortune saved, smells minimised.

Chynah Mon 22-Aug-11 22:25:15

I bought a plastic food waste bin from sainsburys with a clip shut lid and bagged used nappies and put them in there - emptied it once a day to outside bin. Worked for both of mine.

boba82 Tue 23-Aug-11 04:47:37

Bounty pack 2 comes from Sainsburys.

louby86 Tue 23-Aug-11 06:35:35

cattleprod the voucher for pack 2 comes in the first pack, you can get it from Sainsbury's, boots or superdrug

Cattleprod Tue 23-Aug-11 07:55:47

Thanks I'll have to have a rummage in pack 1 - I don't remember seeing it in there! smile

LauraSmurf Tue 23-Aug-11 12:36:24

I got my pack 2 at my 12 week scan! The hospital had a massive box of them as reminded us all to pick one up on the way out!

I also had a voucher in the bounty pack 1 so i MAY have 2 bounty pack 2's kicking about blush

BobbieSox Tue 23-Aug-11 12:53:55

if you register on the website then they email you with a voucher, this is how I got mine...also the form is in the little book you get in the first pack. You can get them at Boots too

nocake Tue 23-Aug-11 13:01:50

We use a Sangenic bin in DD's room. She is only in disposables overnight which means only one nappy a day goes into the bin and it doesn't need emptying very often. I was dubious about the bin but it does work and doesn't smell at all, even if it doesn't get emptied for 2 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now