Talk

Advanced search

ELCS/SPD Question

(3 Posts)
jess77 Thu 18-Aug-11 22:11:54

I'm due to have an ELCS in 2 weeks time - EMCS in first pregnancy after failure to progress.
Just wondering if I need to have a Birth Plan even though I'm having an ELCS - what did others do, if yes then what kind of things did you put in it?
I also have SPD. While this isn't such an issue as I'm not having a VB(hopefully!), do I need to be aware of the maximum distance of leg parting etc. How did others find this out, did you measure it yourself or with the help of a MW or other?

stinkypants Fri 19-Aug-11 13:30:09

not sure about the 2nd part of your message as dont know what spd is... but i did have a ELCS after a EMCS for same reason as you - and i didnt do a birth plan. the birth part was a breeze and got to cuddle him straight away - did skin to skin about an hour later -also felt great that 1st day cos on loads of painkillers and not tired - but day 2 was hard becuase in more pain plus hard night in hosp not able to move much - so those are the sorts of things you might want to think through a bit.
good luck - its wonderful!! x x

harrygracejessica Sat 20-Aug-11 23:48:16

Tell them all you have SPD and they will move your leg as minimlly as possible and will support them very well so as not to cause damage smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now