Talk

Advanced search

Crowborough Birthing Centre Vs Pembury dilema!

(2 Posts)
Clambell Sun 14-Aug-11 16:43:16

Hi, I am due to give birth to my first baby on 24th Oct and am booked in with Crowborough Birthing centre. Whilst I like the Midwives I have seen there, the closer I get to the big day, the more I am leaning towards going to Pembury for the birth since I am feeling anxious about the lack of docs and equipment at CBC if required during my labour.

Does anyone have any experience of CBC or the new Pembury that they could share with me? I am keen to know how personal staff are at Pembury?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Metalhead Mon 15-Aug-11 09:09:16

Hi, I had DD at Crowborough in June last year, and the midwives there were all really lovely. As a first-time mum I was so glad for all the support they gave me after the birth too - had loads of one-on-one help with establishin bf, and they even took DD off me for a few hours so I could get some sleep as i was totally exhausted after having been up for 48 hours. So in that respect I would heartily recommend it, as I don't think you'll get that level of care at Pembury.

However, I totally understand your concerns. I had a 'textbook' labour and birth, but was then transferred to (the old) Pembury with a suspected 3rd degree tear and had surgery under spinal block before being transferred back to Crowborough later. If I'd known that this would be the outcome, I'd have gone to Pembury straight away and asked for an epidural!! But that's with hindsight, and who knows what would have happened if I'd gone that way.

However, I'd say I always felt safe at Crowborough, and if things had gone wrong earlier I'm sure they would have transferred me in good time. Two of my NCT friends also started out at Crowborough but ended with hospital births due to lack of progress, and both and their babies are absolutely fine.

Good luck with it all anyway, whichever way you choose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now