Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding 9 weeks post birth?

(5 Posts)
Aloha31 Sat 13-Aug-11 17:21:45

I stopped bleeding after 2 weeks, then started again on and off after 3 weeks until about 7 weeks. Now it's started again.

I am EBF so unlikely to be my period. I have been scanned, as had MROP, but everything normal. I'm not worried, but when will this stop?!

EdwardorEricCantDecide Sat 13-Aug-11 17:26:01

after DS i bled continously for around 6 weeks i was also BFing so unlikely to have been period, i also bled this long after a MC and D&C though so think this is "normal" for me
have you mentioned to Doc or HV/MW

Aloha31 Sat 13-Aug-11 17:32:55

I did mention it, they sent me back to the maternity hospital for the scan, but this was over 2 weeks ago and it stopped then. Just started again after over a week of no bleeding at all...

EdwardorEricCantDecide Sat 13-Aug-11 18:35:29

Really not sure if that's something to worry about or not, hopefully someone more knowledgable will come alog soon. I do remember it being something I worried about after giving birth as no one seems to tell you what to expect re bleeding after birth.

YourMIL Sat 13-Aug-11 21:41:38

I'm 15 weeks out, and last had a bleed at 13 weeks, it had been on and off until that point with the gaps between fresh bleeds getting bigger and bigger. I'm hoping that was the last of it but we shall see.

I'm also EBF. I went to 4 weeks with DC1 and 7 weeks with DC2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now