Talk

Advanced search

Yoga-type music for during labour (but no whale sounds!)

(8 Posts)
PinkFondantFancy Fri 12-Aug-11 21:22:29

Just that really - I'm thinking about maybe bringing some music to hospital to labour to, and was thinking that something yoga-ish would be good. But nothing too weird with whale and dolphin noises (hope you understand what I mean)! Does anyone have any recommendations? Many thanks

Pippaandpolly Fri 12-Aug-11 21:31:47

Comfort Zone by Steven Halpern is very relaxing and was recommended by my Hypnobirthing teacher. No whale noises, but there are some quite irritating versions of songs you'd know, like Brahm's Lullaby and Greensleeves. Overall though it's not too...wishy-washy. If that makes sense!

bluebell37 Sat 13-Aug-11 09:11:22

Hi, in my pregnancy yoga classes we do relaxation to Devi Prayer - its about 20 minutes long and you can buy the track on Amazon for 79p - album is called "108 sacred names of mother divine" and it's track 2. Hope that helps

PinkFondantFancy Sat 13-Aug-11 22:34:39

Thanks guys, will have a look for both of them.

GraceK Sat 13-Aug-11 23:00:11

Nowt to do with yoga but very relaxing & without a beat (any beat made me freak out once the gas & air kicked in). Both my girls were born to the heavenly sounds of Allergri's Miserere

PinkFondantFancy Sun 14-Aug-11 13:56:42

Oooh thanks GraceK, have just ordered it

Zuzi Mon 15-Aug-11 11:39:45

I listened to Deva Premal: The Essence (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Essence-Deva-Premal/dp/B00004U4UN/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1313404652&sr=1-1), fantastic! Still gives me goosebumps when I hear it - in most positive sense. Will definitely be listening to it again as pregnant with No 3.

EvaPeron Wed 17-Aug-11 15:37:51

I used Comfort Zone by Steven Halpern as well and didn't find it too annoying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now