Talk

Advanced search

34w with id twins and have stong period type pains

(8 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Fri 12-Aug-11 13:15:02

I was in hospital last week as I was having contractions but not dilating. They calmed it all down and I've been fine until today. I woke up uncomfortable, with no appetite and feeling nuseaus. I ate breakfast as I thought I might be hungry and felt a bit better. Now I have a constant period-type pain but strong (nothing like the contractions I had last week). Is it just the babies moving? I feel really rubbish and tearful. Any advice?

mamasaurus Fri 12-Aug-11 14:05:01

Hi,

It might be that you are having contractions again. Just ring the hospital and ask, they really won't mind. They rather have you in for another check to be on the safe side! A friend of mind had two beautiful, healthy id girls 6 weeks ago at 34w so it is possible now is the time.

Good luck and I hope everything goes well!

MonsterBookOfTysons Fri 12-Aug-11 14:09:43

I agree with phoning the labour ward. Get checked, twins quite often arrive early.
Good luck smile

lollystix Fri 12-Aug-11 19:39:12

Yep - my friend had her twins at 34 weeks too. They are fine btw. Just get yourself checked

silverangel Fri 12-Aug-11 20:14:32

Ring the labour ward! My twins were delivered at 31+2 ten days ago, I was in and out of the hospital for five days first with differing niggles / pains and bleeding. The girls are in SCBU but doing fine.

Let us know how you get on!

youarekidding Fri 12-Aug-11 20:21:42

princess I agree with the others ring and ask, mindyou you've not been back so maybe your there? Good luck.

silverangel congratulations. grin I'm glad your DD's are doing well.

PrincessScrumpy Sat 13-Aug-11 13:32:14

It's all calmed down but I think we might meet them next week as I'm still getting niggles and not sure how much more my uterus can take.

Congrats Silver Angel xx

candr Sat 13-Aug-11 15:06:12

Doesn't sound like you will get to 37 like you wanted but if they are ready let em come! Really hope you are feeling a bit better and getting some rest, ask your DC to massage your feet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now