Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Did my waters break?!

(6 Posts)
sparklytoes Tue 09-Aug-11 10:01:22

This is a bit of a stupid question but I'm not sure whether my waters have broken or not! Woke up at 5 with a definite trickle, no gush though and put a pad on to see what would happen. Since then, things seem to have stopped but I've been getting regular period type pains. Has anyone else had this? Could it mean things have (finally!) started to happen or is it just wishful thinking?!

californiaburrito Tue 09-Aug-11 10:34:19

Could be, can you call your midwife? I think they can test to see if it's amniotic fluid. (You also may want to ask about their policy on how long they let you go before they want to induce you) When my waters broke I didn't feel a thing, just noticed a "tide mark" on my underwear.

How far along are you?

LaWeasel Tue 09-Aug-11 10:44:09

Ring your mw's, they'll probably ask you to come in and they can have a peek at what's collected on the pad. They don't always break with a gush!

If it turns out you have just wee'd yourself you absolutely would not be the first person to mistake the two, and the MWs really won't mind. (Yes, yes I did do that. Someone else did a few weeks ago on here as I recall)

sparklytoes Tue 09-Aug-11 11:17:45

I've rang the mw's to get some advice. They don't seem too concerned just now as nothing else seems to be happening. THey are going to ring back at lunch time and maybe see me then depending on how things are. I'm 41 weeks + now, so really keen to get things moving!

LaWeasel Tue 09-Aug-11 11:19:30

Good luck! Hope everything gets going for you.

californiaburrito Tue 09-Aug-11 11:47:11

That's good, now comes the frustrating bit. It took me over 24 hours to start having contractions, I hope it happens much faster for you! Have a bath, nap, nice lunch, or whatever.

Good luck and I hope all goes well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now