Talk

Advanced search

how many weeks will you say that you're save from c/section scar infection?

(5 Posts)
firstsupermum Sat 06-Aug-11 16:38:33

at how many weeks will you say that the resque of having an infection is gone? does anyone knows?

kitstwins Sat 06-Aug-11 21:08:36

I don't know but I had one at 6 week post-caesarean. To be fair, not in my scar - it was in the tissue/muscle underneath. First I knew of it was going to the loo in the evening and my stomach was rock hard around my scar, boiling hot and brick red. Within two hours I felt pretty crap so took myself off to A&E.

I think they can flare up for a while afterwards, especially if the infection has been 'rumbling'. I'm assuming you think you might have one? How many weeks are you? What symptoms do you have? If in doubt, GP or call your out of hours GP service.

firstsupermum Sat 06-Aug-11 21:42:21

thank you for the reply, no, i dont think i have one, but in my first c/section i had an infection in the first week, now i am trying had to avoid it, but i dont know when i will feel relax that pass that risk, i am just 1week and half.
i know its a bit stupid, but thats realy worry me a lot, and i am trying my best.

MoominsAreScary Mon 08-Aug-11 10:34:55

Not sure how long but the risk gets lower as the weeks go on, try to keep it clean and dry and don't wear pants or trousers that could rub on it, mine became infected 8 days post csection and I'm sure the maternity trousers I'd worn that day which rubbed and irritated it were partially to do with the infection, if you have any worries about it at all go straight to the doctor , the earlier it's caught the less likely it is to get realy bad

fishandlilacs Mon 08-Aug-11 19:32:23

I am a rare case but I had an infection in my c section scar when my daughter was 14 months old. I had one 2 weeks postnatal as well and I was at a pretty low ebb. The doctor explained that rather than deal with it at the time my body wrapped it up to deal with later. It was minor and dealt with by antibiotics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now