Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had an elcs due to severe spd/pgp etc?

(2 Posts)
addictedtofrazzles Fri 05-Aug-11 18:58:28

after dc2 was born I was immobile on and off for 6 months with spd/pgp. It was managed with heavy painkillers, pilates and endless physio. I am now 12 weeks pregnant with dc3 and am in huge discomfort and almost immobile again. I am in constant pain with persistent throbbing through my right buttock and upper thigh. The downside is I can't pop any painkillers that are effective!

Both dc have gone to 42 weeks and were 9.7 and 9.11.... I don't see how I can do this again and still look after my boys (3and 1!!). Has any one been given an elcs as a result (I am chelsea and Westminster in London).

Thanks so much

nykxx Fri 05-Aug-11 20:03:17

ive had spd with all 3 of mine, by 5 months i was in a wheelchair or walking backwards (its less painful) and never recovered after number 3 was born 10 years ago. sudden onset of excruciating pain in pelvis hips back.

im now 18 weeks pregnant with surprise number 4 and miracle upon miracle im not in pain yet!!! (i did whisper that)

anyway i found giving birth on my side (which i did naturally anyway) didnt aggravate the spd at all.

but im sure if you are worried the best thing to do would be to talk to your mw and doctors about the cessar but bare in mind the recovery after that may be worse and take just as long as the spd pain!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now