Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How long after a show did you go into labour?

(12 Posts)
RugbyWidow7 Thu 04-Aug-11 20:03:10

I think I've had a show last night during the night at 37+4 - I've read it could be up to another two weeks before things start happening, but wondered how other people had got on after a show. Thanks. Exciting!

ShowOfHands Thu 04-Aug-11 20:06:10

Couple of weeks grin. Had a few shows actually, was surprised how much there was in the end. It got bloodier towards actual labour and my last bit went as my waters broke a couple of days before delivery.

floss1981 Thu 04-Aug-11 21:56:49

My contractions started a couple of hours after with my first. Now 37+3 so waiting to see with second!

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Thu 04-Aug-11 22:20:59

With DD1, show didn't arrive until I'd been having contractions for 14 hours.
With DD2, 10 days before labour - but I'd had a sweep, I don't think I'd have had the show otherwise

LawrieMarlow Thu 04-Aug-11 22:24:04

Didn't notice having one with DS. With DD was about a week, although could check as was on an AN thread then and remember going on about it grin.

Will find it and report back smile

LawrieMarlow Thu 04-Aug-11 22:52:47

Show started at 39+5, 6 days before DD was born. Have just been reading back the thread that mentioned that - we were all very talkative grin. is weird to think that was nearly 6 years ago shock.

Granny23 Thu 04-Aug-11 22:56:59

With DD1, 21 VERY long days
DD2 no show and had to have waters broken. She was 2 weeks late.

statueofliberty Thu 04-Aug-11 23:00:54

No show until well into labour with DS,Dd approx twelve hours.good luck,excited for you

jennylindinha Thu 04-Aug-11 23:04:03

With DD at 40+8: little show at 8am, massive show around 10pm (gunk, blood - the works) but I was in full-blown labour then and she arrived at 11.40pm Good luck, hope you don't have long to wait.

ps. contractions started slowly around 4am (so no sleep from then on as I was too excited/scared...) got up speed by 6.30pm.

madwomanintheattic Thu 04-Aug-11 23:04:55

couple of weeks with ds1.

i was having on/ off monster braxton hicks too, sometimes regularly, and having to stop all the time and breathe through them. totally knackering. we were on holiday and i even rang the local hospital as i was pretty convinced i was in labour a number of times. it was only over the road, so fortunately i didn't keep doing the false alarm thing...

ds1 was eventually born two days before his due date. he was dc2.

babybear5 Thu 04-Aug-11 23:06:33

2 hours after my show i had 3 of my children..so didn't have long to wait. No warning prior to that other than slight period pain.
Good luck and hope you don't have too long to wait smile

essexmumma Thu 04-Aug-11 23:09:47

Had large, bloody show at 35 weeks and went into labour immediately, labour stopped and restarted a day or so later.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: