Talk

Advanced search

Very embarrassing question:( TMI warning!!!!

(59 Posts)
JasmineDeMilo Thu 04-Aug-11 00:12:26

Hi! I'm new here. I'm pregnant with my first baby and I've been thinking about the birth. A LOT.
I worried about the most silly thing. I am hairy down there blush (sorry) and particularly in my ummm, bum. I will be waxing/shaving my pubic hair around the due date but I don't know what to do about the hair in my bum! It will look so weird to be clean around the vagina but have hair in my bumsad
I'm going to have a CS but they will still need to check down there and administer pain relief via suppositories. In case I go into labor early, they might need to check for dilation. Then there is the post natal check up.
I know the hair should be the least of my worries but somehow it embarrasses me so much! I can't stop thinking about it.
I'm sorry if I have disgusted anyone. If anybody else is a gorilla like me, please tell me what you did about this.
And btw, I'm not joking. This is a genuine post.It may sound strange but it is something that is making me so stressed out!

SouthGoingZax Thu 04-Aug-11 00:17:22

I am a gorilla.

They've seen it ALL, believe me. Hairy bottoms are well within the range of normal.

And by the end there is no way you will be able to 'do anything about it'.

Just try to focus on something else. Really.

(and congratulations, by the way!)

ruddynorah Thu 04-Aug-11 00:17:44

Lots of people have hairy bums. When people go for a Brazilian wax down there the beautician expects to do their bum crack. You can remove it, if you want to, with all the usual methods, wax, cream, shave etc.

SouthGoingZax Thu 04-Aug-11 00:25:10

But seriously, wouldn't it be worse to have someone WAX YOUR BUTT CRACK than just have hair there?

<<shudder>>

vigglewiggle Thu 04-Aug-11 00:25:39

It's not disgusting, it's a normal distribution of hair that we all have to a greater or lesser extent. It really is true that doctors, nurses, midwives will have seen far hairier people and not noticed or batted an eyelid. Let's face it, these are not attractive parts of the body at the best of times (I should know). grin

If it is making you anxious about the birth then by all means look into some sort of hair-removal. If you are having a CS then you should be able to time things fairly effectively. But it reminded me of a friend of mine who was fake tanned and waxed all ready for her due date only to go two weeks over due and turn up with a patchy tan and stubble rash! She still laughs about it now and honestly says she didn't give a toss once she was focused on delivering her DD.

You won't think about it when the time comes, but you probably won't believe me when I say that. Good luck with everything. smile

darksideofthemooncup Thu 04-Aug-11 00:25:53

I too am a gorilla and was under the impression that I would be able to have a quick tidy up with a razor around my due date. Oh how I laugh about it now grin. Shaving is impossible trust me so if it really bothers you then get your waxing booked in now. Having said that I guarantee it will be the last thing on your mind! Oh and many congratulations

budgieshell Thu 04-Aug-11 00:26:53

My first DD was prem so I was not organised, hairy legs and every thing else. Your mind will be on other things. No one said to me ohh your so hairy they where to busy looking after my DD and me.

SpeedyGonzalez Thu 04-Aug-11 00:28:04

Good god, you call that TMI? You haven't been on MN long, have you? grin

Basically, don't worry. Just prepare for the birth (you can get hypnotherapy CDs for c-section if you think you'd benefit from a bit of relaxation and calming - Maggie Howells is great) and look forward to meeting your lovely baby.

The midwives will not give a flying fancy about the condition of your ladygarden or any other hairy material! grin

Good luck!

JasmineDeMilo Thu 04-Aug-11 00:30:48

"But seriously, wouldn't it be worse to have someone WAX YOUR BUTT CRACK than just have hair there?"

I completely agree!I'm definitely not going to a salon. I do my own bikini wax, believe it or not.

I thought I was the only one with hair in my bumblush
Thanks everyone! You've been really nice. I thought I was going to completely disgust everybody.

SpeedyGonzalez Thu 04-Aug-11 00:32:45

Actually, I've reported your thread to MN Towers because you've deeply offended me. grin

Hope the birth (hairy or not) goes well!

JasmineDeMilo Thu 04-Aug-11 00:36:48

SpeedyGonzalez I'm a bit in love with you! Thanks for your posts. I haven't laughed like this in so long. My pregnancy has been so awful thus far and its good to have a giggle.

SouthGoingZax Thu 04-Aug-11 00:57:09

Welcome to MN. smile

For further giggles, guffaws and all out wee-dribbling (have you been doing you pelvic floor exercises?) check out the MN Classics threads.

dropinthe Thu 04-Aug-11 01:06:43

I like the honesty on this thread-ladygarden my arse!! Tend your garden well my lovely!!

fraktious Thu 04-Aug-11 01:16:38

I have to say there is no way I would have been able to do my own bikini wax and I measured small. I know some

fraktious Thu 04-Aug-11 01:17:34

*someone who tried and had to have her DP rescue her wink

PrettyCandles Thu 04-Aug-11 01:19:00

"Lady garden my arse"! [snort] PMSL - very appropriate! grin

Never mind lady garden, if i didnt trim I'd have knee braids. Truly, most of us are hairy, it's natural and it's OK. The midwives are concerned with our and our babies' health and wellbeing. They couldn't care less about our grooming.

BTW be warned that (a) you can get increasingly sensitive during pregnancy, and a bikini wax at the end of a pregnancy can be somewhat more painful than usual, and (b) by the end of your pregnancy you may not be able to reach down there to do your own waxing.

Relaaaaax...

JasmineDeMilo Thu 04-Aug-11 01:21:43

SouthGoingZax, Thanks. Its been quite a welcome;) I've been doing kegels like a woman possessed. I do them all the time. Once while watching telly, I had a look of such intense concentration that DH asked me if I had to go to the loo.
I must ask something since we are all being so frank here. Is it normal that DH really annoys me? Ever since I got pregnant I'm just so angry with himconfused.

JasmineDeMilo Thu 04-Aug-11 01:25:13

Oh dear me. I just realised that by the time I have to have the CS I won't be able to do my own wax! I cannot believe this didn't strike me shock
In the words of Keith Lemon, I feel like a "dingbat". Good god, DH is going to have have to groom my lady garden. Eeeek.

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Thu 04-Aug-11 01:27:24

Dont worry! By the time you give birth, you will have bunch of grapes piles and varicose veins as well as a hairy arse crack! But it will be fine, because A/ you wont be able to see them by then
B/ You will be having a baby, and you really wont care!
grin
Seriously though, it really doenst matter. Nobody will be remotely bothered.

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Thu 04-Aug-11 01:29:07

Can I recommend a slicker brush for DH. It smooths and removes tangles in one smooth action. grin

JasmineDeMilo Thu 04-Aug-11 01:29:23

"Dont worry! By the time you give birth, you will have bunch of grapes piles and varicose veins as well as a hairy arse crack!"

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. Kill me now.

JasmineDeMilo Thu 04-Aug-11 01:31:28

"Can I recommend a slicker brush for DH. It smooths and removes tangles in one smooth action."

You have a mean streak ;)

DioneTheDiabolist Thu 04-Aug-11 01:34:37

No advice, just this: You won't be worried about it when you have your second child, so don't worry about it now.

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Thu 04-Aug-11 01:36:09

grin Im sorry, I dont really mean it. honestly, Ive given birth twice, and not even noticed I had a hairy arse crack! Nobody mentioned it! And really dont worry about the birth. You will be so wrapped up in the moment, the sky could fall in and you wouldnt notice. Ive done it twice, and I would give my right arm to do it again. envy

JasmineDeMilo Thu 04-Aug-11 01:41:54

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Really? All the women I know say "Thank god we never have to do it again!"
Besides, if I were having a VB I could have understood being wrapped up in the moment. With a planned CS (even though I wanted it) it seems like one has so much idle time! You aren't focusing on contractions or pushing so I assumed there would be more time to think about what the people in the theatre can see. I suppose it doesn't matter, though! I'm going to take everyone's advice and relaxsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now