Talk

Advanced search

can your waters leak a little then stop?

(4 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Wed 03-Aug-11 10:17:59

Last night I was suddenly aware of a trickle while lying in bed. I jumped up (as fast as you can at 32 +6w pg with twins) and rushed to the loo. But standing up always make me need to wee so once there I did a big wee and it was hard to be clear if I was leaking. I put a pad in which is very slightly damp and did have back pains but that's all stopped now and a dry pad has stayed dry.

If it did leak, we are talking about a teaspoon full at most but it's now stopped. Is this possible? It really didn't feel like wee. I have a scan tomorrow at 9.30am followed by consultant appointment - can I wait until then? Was it more likely to have been a bit of wee?

This is what happened with dd1 but the trickle just kept going and she was born in 2 hours 5 mins so that hasn't happened this time.

wwyd?

henryhsmum Wed 03-Aug-11 10:23:46

I had something similar with my son at 34 weeks and he wasn't born until 41+5. I think it happened because his head engaged as when I went to see the midwife a few days after he was engaged. He was a singleton but a huge baby at 9lb 9ozs so probably comparable in size to your twins combined weight!

henryhsmum Wed 03-Aug-11 10:25:52

P.s. With my DS I went to hospital (it happened at night) to be sure and they monitored me and his heartbeat for a few hours but they weren't really concerned. If I was you I would see your midwife just in case as if your waters have broken there is a risk of infection

notso Wed 03-Aug-11 10:34:45

I had similar with DC3 at 32 weeks, I mentioned it at hospital the day afterwards but it was never confirmed as they wouldn't do a proper internal incase it triggered labour.
After this I had on off contractions and suspicions of leaks for the next 6 weeks before my waters finally gushed and kept on gushing (was polyhydramnious) until DS2 was born.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now