Talk

Advanced search

Shooting pains in vagina??

(8 Posts)
fizzypigs Tue 02-Aug-11 22:28:54

Almost 39wks and I am getting these. Only last a min or so. Anyone have any ideas what they can be? Thought it might be baby moving down - hoping an arrival is imminent?

rooks14 Tue 02-Aug-11 23:26:18

I have these two, I think it's the cervix/vaginal muscles preparing to dialte! I had them from about 38 weeks, am due tomorrow so I don't think it means birth is imminent but I pray it means its close :D

Think you should mention it to your midwife next time aswell

ShowOfHands Tue 02-Aug-11 23:30:09

When I first started MNing a zillion years ago when all round here were nowt but fields etc.... We called them crotch zingers. Little electric type shocks in your cervix. I think we decided it was the baby engaging and head butting a nerve. Used to make me yelp.

ShowOfHands Tue 02-Aug-11 23:30:32

I had them from about 37 weeks ish.

VeryHungryKatypillar Wed 03-Aug-11 08:06:07

I had these one Saturday night at 38+6.... DD2 arrived late the next day!! Good luck!

MrsBloomingTroll Wed 03-Aug-11 09:45:36

I'm having these as of yesterday, am 39+1, DC2. I assumed it was the baby engaging, the impact of it's little headbutts. Nice!

I don't remember them from last time, but DD1 didn't get into position properly anyway.

fizzypigs Wed 03-Aug-11 10:14:44

Thanks! Seems to have eased off now. Sounds like a sign (even an early one!) that baby might be starting to think about making an appearance. I hope so as am getting quite fed up with not sleeping and peeing constantly. Am in a terrible grump this morning - want this to be over!!!

treesinthebreeze Wed 03-Aug-11 16:19:55

I remember asking my mw about this and she said it was my "cervix ripening". Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now