Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My friend has just welcomed a new baby, I'm happy but also very jealous...normal ?

(5 Posts)
confusedandsilly Tue 02-Aug-11 13:38:45

Hi, I dont know if you can help me understand myself ! I have just been told that one of my best friend welcome a baby girl. It is her baby n#3 , I'm really happy for her obviously but when I told the news to dh I bursted into tears and I couldnt help myself. I have 2 ds and I would love another dc and it will maybe happen in 2 or 3 years but not before but it seems such a long time to wait. Have you ever felt like this ?

RegLlamaOfBrixton Tue 02-Aug-11 15:49:07

I know what you mean. My DS is 6 months now and I'm looking forward to having more children when he's a bit older. I have five friends who are currently pregnant and I do feel a bit jealous. I can't really put my finger on why I feel this way and it's not a big issue at all. I think being pregnant and having a newborn flew by too fast for me to take it all in so I'd like to give it another go.

Continuum Tue 02-Aug-11 16:55:59

Oh gosh yes! When my friend announced she was pregnant with her now nearly 2 year old. I was 100% genuinely happy for her and her husband, absolutely, but I also burst into tears when I got home! I did want another but there was no way it was happening any time soon at that point for a number of reasons.

Thankfully I am pregnant now and it's good! But I did surprise myself with my reaction back then!

confusedandsilly Tue 02-Aug-11 16:59:54

I had a grumpy face all day but I think it is mainly due to pms but still, I had my last ds 4 years ago and I forgot the feeling what it is to have a new born, the smell, giving birth to it...I'm completely mad smile

maxbear Tue 02-Aug-11 21:14:55

ha ha lol when I read your initial post my first thought was PMS! It is normal to feel a bit like that sometimes, enjoy a glass of wine and a full nights sleep tonight, you can't do that with a newbie!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now