Talk

Advanced search

Baby observation course - help, I need a baby/mum to observe!

(12 Posts)
lunkie Tue 02-Aug-11 09:46:19

Hi, I am starting my training with the British Association of Psychotherapists in September and in my first year I am doing an infant observation course. I need to find a mum in central/ west London who is having her baby in early September and would be willing to let me come to her home for one hour every week from around the end of September until next July. I then just observe the baby and her (or whoever is there looking after the baby that hour) to see the baby's development. I do not get involved, I am not judgemental. I just observe.

Every psychotherapist and analyst does this course and I have heard lots of heartwarming stories about the babies and mothers others have observed. It seems to be a positive experience for all concerned. I have accreditation from the BAP and a CRB check (and another is currently being obtained as well). I have 3 children myself, now of uni age.

If you are interested, or would like to know more, please do contact me through mumsnet and we can arrange to talk in the real world...

Thanks for reading,

Lunkie

TerrysNo2 Tue 02-Aug-11 11:24:29

Good luck finding someone - my mum had to do this for her training. I am due early November and in Surrey but feel free to contact me if you have any trouble finding anyone else.

Helzapoppin Tue 02-Aug-11 12:10:57

Good luck with finding someone. I'd be really happy to help but am in Essex so probably would not be of much help to you. But if have any colleagues in East London/Essex who need a family to observe, they would be welcome to join us (I'm due in August, not sure of that it is too early).

lunkie Tue 02-Aug-11 20:32:09

Thanks so much, good encouragement! I'll bear your kind offer in mind. L

littlewheel Tue 02-Aug-11 21:13:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PotteringAlong Tue 02-Aug-11 21:27:44

Ooh, sounds really interesting! But I'm due in November and live in the north east which is not that helpful for you! Sorry, if I could I think I'd really enjoy being part of it

strandednomore Tue 02-Aug-11 21:30:01

you could try posting in the due in Sept antenatal boars?

sugarsnappea Tue 02-Aug-11 21:54:10

If you get stuck, I'm due early October and could help, I had a friend studying at the Tavi and she had a nightmare trying to find her mother and baby...

spudulika Tue 02-Aug-11 23:33:59

Contact your local NCT. They'll put you in contact with the antenatal teachers who will find you someone I'm sure!

lunkie Thu 04-Aug-11 08:13:33

Hi Sugarsnappea

That is a kind offer - your Tavi friend will have run round the same circuits as I'm trying, I'm sure!

October may be fine. I will find out from my training institute if starting in the third or fourth week of October would a problem. Whereabouts do you live?

BW

Lunkie

WuzzAndBuddy Thu 04-Aug-11 08:18:15

I'm another one who would love to help but I'm not due until November and we're in Windsor!

Good luck, hope you get something sorted soon!

Andreya Tue 30-Oct-12 22:59:32

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now