Talk

Advanced search

Planned C section tomorrow - need hand holding please!

(10 Posts)
alliwant Tue 02-Aug-11 09:28:50

I have done this once before so I should be fine! Having major wobbles now about the spinal, the scar, the possible headache thingy, getting the shakes etc - even if it happens its still ok right?

Its not as bad as I think it could be is it?

BTW last ELCS went fine, did get the shakes and remember the spinal being not so bad.

So why am I bricking myself so badly?

hermionestranger Tue 02-Aug-11 09:30:49

You're going to be ok. A relaxed calm birth. You're just wound up about things you can't control, that's understandable and TOTALLY normal. Just keep thinking that tomorrow you get to meet and hold your new baby. Have a un mumsnet hug.

melika Tue 02-Aug-11 09:31:45

My second one was better than the first, I'm a worrier like you, thinking what if.....

I had the shakes too. You will be fine, look, I'm alive!

You are in good hands, good luck and enjoy your new baby. smile

Jemma1111 Tue 02-Aug-11 09:35:56

I agree, I'm sure you will be fine!.....I've had 2 ELCS and I bricked myself before both but I wish I hadn't because they were both so relaxed.

Could you take some music in theatre with you?, that may help.

Good luck, your little one will be in your arms very soon ! smile

jinxediam Tue 02-Aug-11 09:38:02

My elective was fab- calm, chilled and i recovered really quickly!! The theatre staff were great too- the radio was on and they were full of jokes. It was a world away from myfirst EMCS. I was really stressing about things like having the spinal as it so bodged the first time but i need not have worried- everyone was so kind and calm. Focus on that new baby in your arms!

Imnotaslimjim Tue 02-Aug-11 09:41:25

you're going to be absolutely fine. Just focus on the DC at the end of it

Though I can understand you bricking it, all your points are valid ones. But they are all easy enough to get through and yes, it will be fine even if they do happen

alliwant Tue 02-Aug-11 09:48:08

Thanks all! I get to meet my daughter tomorrow, my third and final child. SO excited! There is little else in life like these moments. By the end of tomorrow I will have her here and the spinal will be wearing off, just got to ride the wave till I get there I guess

x

nrvsmum2b Tue 02-Aug-11 21:21:32

how did it go? Please check in and let us know how it went when you can ..

alliwant Sat 06-Aug-11 20:38:44

Update:

All went very well with my ELCS, Spinal not very nice but over quickly and worked perfectly. Recovery a bit more difficult than last time, just 3rd pregnancy I think, uterus slower to shrink back, after pains worse, etc. Its day 3 and i'm still pretty sore but its getting better all the time. I am now home and trying to take it easy! I asked to stay in a third night to increase my rest time as I am due to move in 6 days! EEK!

I had a little girl, 8lb 1oz, her name is Erin.

Good luck to everyone else with their births x

babylove80 Sun 07-Aug-11 14:07:20

Glad all went well for you. I have my elcs on Wednesday so nice to read this thread for a bit of reassurance... It's my first so very excited but getting more nervous by the day x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now