Talk

Advanced search

ELCS in the morning.......

(19 Posts)
ManyMomentsOfMadness Wed 27-Jul-11 19:51:51

Well this is my last night as mum of one. Any last minute words of advice? confused

Twosugarsplease Wed 27-Jul-11 20:18:59

Enjoy ! Seriously, I relished every moment with my 3rd baby, but first section. Have everything close to hand for 1st 24 hrs. When you get home take your medication at same times you were given them in hospital. Lots of best wishes to you. X

iloveholidays Wed 27-Jul-11 20:29:51

Same as twosugars... enjoy... I had an EMCS (although not really emergency, started labouring early and DD2 was breech so very relaxed). I was scared stiff before hand about it, but have to say (apart from the spinal - sorry) enjoyed every single minute. We were chattering all the way through the op and I was lucky enough to have skin to skin whilst I was being stitched up.

My advice would be to relax and try to enjoy it all and get up as soon as you can. I was in quite a bit of pain for the first 24 hours, but I have to say it was easier to deal with than contractions because I had my little DD there to stare at smile Make sure you ask the midwives for help as much as you need it!

Good luck and congrats x

MaxSchreck Wed 27-Jul-11 20:33:30

Aaaawww!
How exciting!

I had a elcs with DS, felt quite strange knowing exactly when he would be here.
Just relax, get as much rest as you can when you can.

And watch out for the after pains!

Twosugarsplease Wed 27-Jul-11 20:36:01

iloveholidays...I second that. Totally, mmom....don't worry, really an amazing experience, sooooo excited for you ! X

sprinkles77 Wed 27-Jul-11 20:37:41

Get as much help with everything as you can, but try to get yourself out of bed as soon as you are able, even just to sit to sit on the sofa instead of in bed. You'll feel much more human for it. But no lifting or bending!

Take your painkillers on schedule as twosugars says, and don't stint on them.

The epidural was fine, nothing to worry about. Ask the midwives to put new baby on your chest while surgeons put you back together. We had that. It was magic.

You can sort of feel things while the surgeons are working, not painful but a bit odd, pulling and pushing sensations. It surprised me but was not even slightly painful!

Georgimama Wed 27-Jul-11 20:37:55

Mine's on Friday, please report back as I am also v v nervous!

alliwant Wed 27-Jul-11 20:54:58

Mine is next Wednesday - this time next week...EEEEEk! Very excited, but nervous too, report back please MMOM and Georgimama

Best of luck x

Georgimama Wed 27-Jul-11 21:27:53

Promise to provide blow by blow account as soon as able!

ShowOfHands Wed 27-Jul-11 21:32:27

You'll be just fine. I had an emcs and found the recovery straightforward and the actual emcs very calm indeed. Get up as soon as you're ready and try and move round normally. It might feel like you want to hunch over as you get a sort of pulling sensation around your wound as you stand straight, but don't worry and stand tall. You can be discharged on day 2 if you feel well so that will be Friday for you. Just take it easy and listen to your body.

otchayaniye Wed 27-Jul-11 21:34:03

Very best of luck. Mine was joyful, calm, a little weird. And it was my birthday.

Take it easy, but do try to get mobile soon.

I felt fine in a week. Forgot I'd had surgery. Numb around the area for some months, but nothing really.

I've got another in 2-1/2 weeks!

Meglet Wed 27-Jul-11 21:36:24

My ELCS was fine. Of course I was a gibbering wreck walking to theatre and during prep. Once DD was whipped out safe and sound I relaxed. Recovery was fine as I bossed the midwives around a bit (I was nt going to ever have to see them again).

Home on day 3, rested lots but pottered about to make snacks when I was peckish. No housework or lifting of DC1.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time tomorrow smile.

ManyMomentsOfMadness Wed 27-Jul-11 22:07:47

Thank you to all of you. I am trying not to be nervous and hope I do enjoy it. I shall report back but unlikely to be of any help to you Georgimama. Good luck to everyone else who is about to go through the same.

Georgimama Wed 27-Jul-11 22:09:12

You mean you won't be MNing from recovery? What's the matter with you?

BagofHolly Wed 27-Jul-11 22:15:03

Enjoy! IT DOESN'T HURT AT ALL! it's over too quick and when I'm sad I relive mine in my head! V best wishes!

ManyMomentsOfMadness Wed 27-Jul-11 22:18:06

lol Georgimama, not really used internet on my mobbie so will prob need to wait til I get back to my beloved laptop.

QTPie Wed 27-Jul-11 22:32:42

Enjoy! Loved my ELCS - was gushing about how I wanted to do it all again when I was in recovery!!!

If you are familiar with them, use regular VB breathing techniques (ie golden thread breath) for nerves.

Honestly, be selfish and completely do as little as possible fir 8 weeks afterwards! You will recover so much better and more quickly! Except ALL offers of help!

AnytimeNOW Thu 28-Jul-11 04:46:45

Hello! just wanted to wish you lots of lucksmile I am also having our baby by elective in a few hours!!!!!!! last two were emergency so hoping this one goes so much better!!!!.

Will pop back to see how it was for you! take care...X

alliwant Thu 28-Jul-11 07:05:52

OOOOH MMOM,

Today is the day! Good luck! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now