Talk

Advanced search

Midwife-led at Kensington Wing?

(6 Posts)
RunningDay Mon 25-Jul-11 15:29:47

Does anyone have any experience of a midwife-led delivery on the Kensington Wing?

I had DS1 on the NHS at C&W, and was happy with the experience. Is the Kensington Wing really much different (except the postnatal rooms!), if you are midwife-led?

In case it helps, I have private insurance this time, but I'd be booking in at 35-36 weeks (coming from abroad). They said on the phone this is ok.

RunningDay Wed 27-Jul-11 11:53:28

Bump.

citymonkey Wed 27-Jul-11 14:38:55

I am consultant led on the KW so can't really comment. I will say the one midwife I met when I went in a couple of weeks ago after taking a little tumble was amazing - praying she is on duty when I go into labour!

auroraday Wed 27-Jul-11 23:05:19

I have but don't have NHS to compare it to.
I had 2 MWs with me for delivery - they weren't the chattiest ones I had met throughout (typically all others were wonderful) but were incredibly skilled at delivery.
They since retired. When I went back for DC2 they were nearly all absolutely wonderful and at least 3 of them I remembered/were involved from DC1.
If you have routine deliveries I would recommend, and the K Wing is a lovely place to stay.

RunningDay Thu 28-Jul-11 09:08:13

Thank you both - it sounds great.

auroraday did you have two midwives with you all the way through labour, or just for the pushing stage?

DS' delivery was a midwife-led induction as I was overdue, with ventouse at the end, so I think there were doctors for the last 10 mins. But I'm hoping things will be straightforward this time with no induction necessary!

auroraday Fri 29-Jul-11 23:28:29

First time two throughout. One may have come and gone a bit but I clearly remember them both being present.
Second time I think there were two - again, definitely two most of the time - but there was only second stage as I am afraid I got to hospital pretty late!
As you would expect at absolutely no point was I left alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now