Talk

Advanced search

Uterine tear and subsequent pregnancies?

(2 Posts)
Vegasgirl Sun 24-Jul-11 20:36:19

I had an emergency C section after an induced labour. I suffered a tear in my uterus during the C section, I think because DD was lodged in my pelvis and there was a lot of tugging etc to get her out. I lost a lot of blood. I was told afterwards that I would have to have a C section for any subsequent pregnancies because of the risk of an uterine rupture during labour at the tear site.

We are now thinking of trying for another baby soon and I was wondering if there are any other risk factors resulting from this I should be aware of - is it only during labour that it could rupture? I am going to try to get an appointment with someone at the hospital to discuss this but it will probably be ages before I get one. Has anyone else had anything similar? Thanks

deo357 Thu 28-Jul-11 12:27:45

sorry no experience, but the contractions could rupture the scar so they will book u an elective early i should imagine. good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now