Talk

Advanced search

Best way to get in shape after birth? Any hints?

(8 Posts)
dazedandconfused Sun 24-Jul-11 20:23:46

Had DC3 6 weeks ago and looking at that spare tyre that's left behind sigh. Being 40 with 3 kids things are taking longer to jump back into shape and I think it's going to take some real effort. Any advice on what worked for you? I need time efficient solutions! Also finding it hard to deny myself treats when I'm constantly hungry from bfing! Just a bit worried it's all downhill from here physically despite being utterly delighted with DD2, the new addition to our family ...

BikeRunSki Sun 24-Jul-11 20:29:13

Last time Mbts and walking miles with the pram worked wonders. Not sure how well I will do this time with a 3 yo in tow.

howabout Sun 24-Jul-11 20:33:32

Watching for any hints and tips as I am about to be in the same boat.

I was in great shape before getting pregnant thanks to daily Pilates but I am not sure how quickly I will be able to get back to this and how much I have gone to seed while pregnant with my feet up due to SPD.

Zwitterion Sun 24-Jul-11 20:40:46

I did Davina's pregnancy/postnatal DVD every other day. I also avoided biscuits and cake, but didn't diet as such.

I lost the 2 stone I had put on during pregnancy within a couple of months. I know Davina's a bit of an acquired taste, but I liked the routine, and the fact that she was post partum and not looking perfect was also motivating!

Good luck!

Chynah Sun 24-Jul-11 21:01:01

Running- lots of!

blueshoes Sun 24-Jul-11 21:13:10

Have a difficult baby that does not sleep except in motion.

NightLark Sun 24-Jul-11 21:16:16

Are you me?

40 <check>
Third baby, DD2 <check>
Constantly hungry from bf <check, check, check>

I am seriously considering doing a 'get your body back bootcamp' as advertised round our area. But I swear I am beginning to put weight on again and DD2 is only 4 weeks old!

I shall be watching this thread for suggestions...grin

dinkystinky Sun 24-Jul-11 21:21:23

Walking everywhere helped alot after DS2 - basically lost all the baby weight before went back to work and put most of it back on sat on my arse all day. Erin O'Connor postnatal work out was good dvd too. Also did pushy mothers buggy work out after both children were born - was more of a social thing than a work out though. Just give it time - you will lose that weight and your baby is still very young. Avoid the cakes/biscuits and make healthy food choices and drink lots of water and you'll find the weight comes off soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now