Talk

Advanced search

after a traumatic birth first time, did the mw take it on board 2nd time round?

(1 Post)
PrincessScrumpy Thu 21-Jul-11 13:38:24

I was in hospital with possible pre term labour yesterday (all fine and settled now but I've had the steroids in case as they're twins). The senior mw came in and said she only had one mw available but she was involved in dd1s birth and was worried I wouldn't want to see her again. Senior mw asked if I would mind or she could swap mws over with another lady in labour.

I actually had 2 mws for dd1s birth as there was a shift change and the one on duty was the lovely one so I said I was happy for her to care for me.

dd1 is 3.5. I just thought it was really fantastic that they took it into account and that the mw remembered my dds birth. I know they have previous notes but I wouldn't think they'd double check if you liked the staff or not. I did get an apology from the consultant so I'm thinking that dds birth was unusual for them and therefore memorable.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a story of great care I received and see if this is consistent elsewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now