Talk

Advanced search

Due date today - pre-labour, latent or just a big fat nothing??? (Maybe a bit TMI)

(3 Posts)
louschmoo Tue 19-Jul-11 22:49:08

Hello, I am a bit of a lurker on here and don't post very often but would like a bit of advice from anyone out there who has experienced this. It's my due date today (first baby) and for the last 3ish weeks I have been having quite strong BH and period type pains in my lower abdomen/back. I had a bit of a show about a week ago but nothing since. Since last Friday the BH and abdominal cramps have really ramped up and I now have (sorry if TMI) a really stabby aching feeling in my fanjo (kind of heavy achiness whenever I stand) and cramps in my pelvis sort of coming and going. The cramps get worse when I lie down, while the BH get more frequent when I move around. I don't think I'm in labour as it's really not that painful (I have had MUCH worse period pains) and the BH get less frequent when I change position or stop moving.

So, I guess my question is, is this just normal late pregnancy aches and pains, or can I expect things to start moving soon?

DitaVonCheese Wed 20-Jul-11 11:57:15

I am no expert but that sounds promising to me grin How are you getting on this morning? Are you cuddling a newborn?

louschmoo Wed 20-Jul-11 12:17:01

Hi Dita, thanks for your post. No, no newborn and nothing changed sad. I have a midwife appointment later so I will see what she says. I guess I just have to be patient. It's just so frustrating all this waiting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now