Talk

Advanced search

30 weeks pregnant and previous c-section scar area beginning to ache. Any experience?

(6 Posts)
reddaisy Tue 19-Jul-11 21:06:31

It is feeling rather tender there, is this normal?

lollystix Tue 19-Jul-11 21:11:30

I had this with ds3 - even went to triage as concerned it could be rupturing. Felt much better the next day. Is this a one off or has it been going on for a while?

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Tue 19-Jul-11 21:55:17

I had the same about 32 weeks. As long as it's 'just' uncomfortable I'd say don't worry. If it starts to become properly painful, get in touch with your midwife/labour ward, or if it goes on more than a week. I think it went on for a good few days, the bump was obviously just stretching in ways it didn't last time. 39+2 now and it's long since gone away.

reddaisy Tue 19-Jul-11 22:12:13

Thanks both. It has just been today and I am wearing different mat trousers today which might have been irritating it a bit. I will keep an eye on it. I want a water birth this time so I don't want any problems!

TrinaLuciusMalfoy Tue 19-Jul-11 22:21:33

Wow, have they said you can have one? I've been told under no circumstances - am seeing consultant tomorrow to find out if I can have some of the labour in the water but I know birthing is out sad

reddaisy Tue 19-Jul-11 22:44:02

Oooh, let me help! I had two consultant appointments at my hospital about this very issue. One with top midwife and second with a doctor. Basically, to cut a long story short, there is one birthing pool on the delivery unit where I have to go and if that is available and there is one waterproof baby heart monitor that has been previously broken but is currently working (they checked during my last consultant appointment) and if that is available and the duty staff agree, I can have a go at a waterbirth. Any complications then I am straight out of the water, but I imagine that is the same as any birth.

There is a note from the doc consultant in my notes to say he has approved me having a go at a waterbirth if the monitor is available. However if that monitor is not working/not available/stops working then if I continue with a water birth it would be going against medical advice which basically covers them legally I think.

I asked a lot of questions about the risks etc at these appointments and I was very polite but very firm about wanting to try and they were nice at my appointments and hence the eventual note.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now