Talk

Advanced search

horrendous cold 1 week before section booked

(3 Posts)
redundant Sun 17-Jul-11 21:14:08

Hi, sorry I seem to be clogging up this board at the moment. I am booked in for a section week on Tues. Have pre-op tomorrow. Have had truly awful cold since Thurs - so much so that I even wondered if it was something else, but am pretty sure its just a straight cold. Perhaps with a throat or chest infection?
Wondering if they will still do the section if I still have it next week? Shows no sign of budging. I think I would burst my stitches coughing and blowing my nose as things are. I'm even worried about coughing so hard my waters break!
Is there any point making a GP appt do you think? Obv wouldn't do normally for something like this, but wondering if they could check any infection and give anti-bs to knock it on head before next week?
thanks

eurochick Sun 17-Jul-11 21:55:27

Anti-bs will do nothing if it is a cold as that is viral. But if it is something more, they can.

At the pre-op they should be able to advise you on whether they will go ahead with you ill. It is pretty likely you will be fine in a week, but I am sorry you will have a horrible last week of pregnancy.

redundant Sun 17-Jul-11 22:03:44

thanks, I think i'll see what they say at the pre op then, and go from there. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now