Talk

Advanced search

MUMS private birth clinic in Midlands

(4 Posts)
henryhsmum Sun 17-Jul-11 18:53:36

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has used the MUMS private birth clinic in the Midlands www.mums.me.uk

I won't go into detail but basically I am hoping to have a second child but am scared too due to traumatic birth and post birth history with Ds. I feel that using a private birthing clinic and having an elective c section may help allay my fears a bit.

If anyone has any experience if MUMS, their set up and costs I'd be very interested to know

MWestie Mon 18-Jul-11 21:14:40

Hi, I've had scans at Mums in both my pregnancies and found them very helpful. I didn't want a private delivery with them, just had nuchal scans there, but the consultant was chatting to me about my first birth, which was also very traumatic, and stated that he would be happy to help if my chosen hospital were difficult about my preference for a planned section. I did have a crash section with that first birth though so not sure if that would make a difference if you didn't. Luckily I didn't have to take him up on this offer but I was very grateful for the peace of mind it gave me when my hospital consultant was pushing me to vbac. I'd definitely recommend them.

LittleKnownPoet Tue 19-Jul-11 01:26:18

I haven't ever had children, but my friend had a baby there. She was quite happy with the experience. I suppose they are quite reliable. The birth takes place in an NHS hospital near(or in) Birmingham if I remember correctly.
So you will be in good hands in case of an emergency.
I think the cost was around £6000. If you end up in hospital longer than expected the cost goes up. I'd visit them once and then try to judge the vibe. Although if you are in the West Midlands and want a private ELCS, that is where you go. So, I'm sure you'll be OK.
They have a website though which explains everything.

I hope this birth is better for you.

RainbowRac Tue 19-Jul-11 06:48:23

I had all my scans there for my two babies and the set up/staff are excellent. My friend had an elc with them and couldn't praise them enough. Would def recommend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now