Talk

Advanced search

Homebirth whilst in residential college...

(5 Posts)
thegauntlet Fri 15-Jul-11 21:04:16

Right, a little complicated. Second baby, fantastic first waterbirth, totally textbook; and now I have a major fear that I wont be able to get in a tub because of staffing shortages etc... So I want to take matters into my own hands; homebirth with a birthpool.
However; we are moving to bibleschool/college in September, and will have a self contained little flat in the college. Baby is due 2 weeks before the end of term; would you?
I was VERY noisy last time; it was my pain relief to moan v.loudly; I dont think I would be that inhibited but do you think it would be completely innapropriate?

And last question... did you hire a birthpool; if so which one was good?

thegauntlet Fri 15-Jul-11 21:37:56

bump?

TCOB Fri 15-Jul-11 21:43:42

I live in an historic house open to the public which I manage and had a homebirth last year...on an open day grin. It's hilarious and astounding what you can manage when you put your mind to it. Seriously: lots of people give birth in flats so I think you should go for it. GOOD LUCK! And RE waterbirths - I couldn't have a pool as it would have fallen through the floor...

thegauntlet Fri 15-Jul-11 21:45:33

ha! TCOB what a brilliant story. Thanks! Ah.. the floor thing..humm. Hadn't really thought that would be a problem if a normal bath with 1 or 2 grin adults can get in?

thisisyesterday Fri 15-Jul-11 21:49:48

go for it!

i had a la bassine birth pool which was just lovely. i got it second hand off ebay (had been filled, but not given birth in), which i then re-sold on ebay after numbers 2 and 3, for about what i paid!

you might want to warn your immediate neighbours of your plans so they don't think something is wrong if you're very loud. but you might find you're ok. i was VERY loud with ds1, but incredibly quiet with the next 2../

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now