Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Homebirth whilst in residential college...

(5 Posts)
thegauntlet Fri 15-Jul-11 21:04:16

Right, a little complicated. Second baby, fantastic first waterbirth, totally textbook; and now I have a major fear that I wont be able to get in a tub because of staffing shortages etc... So I want to take matters into my own hands; homebirth with a birthpool.
However; we are moving to bibleschool/college in September, and will have a self contained little flat in the college. Baby is due 2 weeks before the end of term; would you?
I was VERY noisy last time; it was my pain relief to moan v.loudly; I dont think I would be that inhibited but do you think it would be completely innapropriate?

And last question... did you hire a birthpool; if so which one was good?

thegauntlet Fri 15-Jul-11 21:37:56

bump?

TCOB Fri 15-Jul-11 21:43:42

I live in an historic house open to the public which I manage and had a homebirth last year...on an open day grin. It's hilarious and astounding what you can manage when you put your mind to it. Seriously: lots of people give birth in flats so I think you should go for it. GOOD LUCK! And RE waterbirths - I couldn't have a pool as it would have fallen through the floor...

thegauntlet Fri 15-Jul-11 21:45:33

ha! TCOB what a brilliant story. Thanks! Ah.. the floor thing..humm. Hadn't really thought that would be a problem if a normal bath with 1 or 2 grin adults can get in?

thisisyesterday Fri 15-Jul-11 21:49:48

go for it!

i had a la bassine birth pool which was just lovely. i got it second hand off ebay (had been filled, but not given birth in), which i then re-sold on ebay after numbers 2 and 3, for about what i paid!

you might want to warn your immediate neighbours of your plans so they don't think something is wrong if you're very loud. but you might find you're ok. i was VERY loud with ds1, but incredibly quiet with the next 2../

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: