Talk

Advanced search

sorry if TMI but does a non-bloody show mean anything?

(10 Posts)
stottiecake Fri 15-Jul-11 20:15:30

hi

Due date tomorrow with ds 2. I was induced last time at 42 weeks. I am hoping that labour happens naturally this time.

Over the course of the day I have been losing large lumps of cloudy jelly (nice!!) but it is not flecked with blood or pink in any way.

Could it possibly mean that things are moving in the right direction?

Anyone gone into labour naturally within a few days of a non-bloody show?

TIA

Flisspaps Fri 15-Jul-11 20:37:25

I would have thought so - every show is going to be difference.

Best of luck!

LunaticFringe Fri 15-Jul-11 20:38:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

notnearlyasblondasiwas Fri 15-Jul-11 20:41:09

I had that about 2 days before I had a bloody show with DD and then the day after that went into labour. I am 40+2 and constantly knicker checking!! Hope it all kicks off for us both soon!

stottiecake Fri 15-Jul-11 21:41:32

brilliant! I am feeling very encouraged!!

Thanks - will update if anything else happens...

Notnearly - good luck!! Hope you won't have much longer to wait either!

thursday Sat 16-Jul-11 01:15:42

i had a non bloody show about 10 days before i went into labour second time, sorry, dont want to be a pooper but it helped me to know it wasnt necessarily a sign of anything too imminent, though obviously something is happening.

brettgirl2 Sat 16-Jul-11 07:16:12

I had that a few days before I think but no blood till labour started.

stottiecake Sat 16-Jul-11 22:16:24

No I am still feeling encouraged - even if it is 10 days at least I will be starting myself and hopefully will avoid induction this time.

Thanks for replying smile

Boosaphena Sun 17-Jul-11 14:21:51

Sorry this is tmi but I started with the snot like show and progressed to a bloody show and things kicked off v quickly after that... I was shocked at the quantity!
Good luck!

Glitterybits Wed 20-Jul-11 17:09:37

Yes. I did. I woke up and had a non-bloody show and then a very bloody show literally about 10 mins later with DS. I remember feeling ecstatic that I'd probably have a baby in my arms by teatime. Little did I know that I'd then need to endure 4 days of stop/start contractions, but it certainly was the first indication that things were getting going. Hope you have a baby soon, if not already! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now