Talk

Advanced search

An urgent question about breaking waters!

(13 Posts)
melrose Thu 14-Jul-11 18:50:52

I am 41+1 and had a sweep this afternoon.

Just working across the kitchen and felt a wierd sensaation and trickle of liquid, enough to leave my gusset wet (sorry TMI) but no more. Could this be my waters going?? Assumed if they went they did so woth more of a floor splashing gush, but maybe I'm wrong. No other signs.

It is 3rd baby but waters did not go with the others until labour was well progressed! Having a home birth and trying to decide whether to put the other 2 to bed or farm them out to a friend!!

Any advice greatly appreciated

Flisspaps Thu 14-Jul-11 18:53:34

Apparently it very rarely happens with the Niagara Falls gush that you see on TV.

It's possible, it could also be wee discharge.

mummynoseynora Thu 14-Jul-11 18:54:35

it can trickle apparently, they say to put a pad on as if it was trickling, the pad would keep getting wet. BUT it could also be a very watery discharge - I had this with DD just after I nipped for a wee - stood up and there was what felt like a mini flood! Nothing more, all very odd - MW said it was very common

melrose Thu 14-Jul-11 18:54:36

Pretty sure it isnt wee as doesnt smell like it, but that was my concern!!

Wigeon Thu 14-Jul-11 18:57:23

My waters with DD2 trickled. Sniff it - does it smell like wee? And ring the midwives - they will be able to advise and will also want to know if you are possibly about to go into labour (obviously a rather distinct possibility at 41+1 and having had a sweep!). And with your third child it'll probably be quicker than your first two!

Has any more come yet?

Good luck - how (potentially) exciting! grin

melrose Thu 14-Jul-11 20:35:46

Thanks for advice. Definitely having contractions now so looks like things are happening!!

mummynoseynora Thu 14-Jul-11 20:39:32

oooh good luck - keep us posted!

Icelollycraving Fri 15-Jul-11 03:59:40

Good luck!
I had my waters broken during labour by a dr as I had excess amniotic fluid. Felt v odd as I had had g&a & epidural. Was also expecting a tidal wave moment but just felt like someone had pulled the plug out!
Come back to update!

Wigeon Fri 15-Jul-11 20:28:41

Good luck - looking forward to birth announcement!

Flisspaps Fri 15-Jul-11 20:34:42

How exciting, hopefully the lack of post is due to you having a new family member grin

Morph2 Fri 15-Jul-11 20:51:12

my waters went in the night when i was in bed. I heard a pop and then there was a bit of a gush, but then i went and sat on the loo and water was coming out for ages, it slowed down but i wore a pad and it was getting soaked

melrose Sat 16-Jul-11 15:12:12

I was in labour! DD born at 11pm on Thursday night. Fantastic home birth, and all went as planned

Wigeon Sat 16-Jul-11 17:34:06

Fantastic news - many congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now