Talk

Advanced search

advice re vaginal bleeding 3 weeks after C section

(8 Posts)
mummysweeangel1 Wed 13-Jul-11 19:58:47

Hey everyone,

I had an ELCS 3 weeks ago and i am still having vaginal bleeding, which comes and goes, seems to get heavier if i have been doing housework etc

I dont feel ill and actually feel alot better this time round compared to the way i felt after my first DC birth (emergency section) and i can remember bleeding for a good few weeks after that section.

The only reason i am worried is because the midwifes advised if my bleeding got heavier and lasted "long" then i should contact the doctor ??

what would be classed as "long" and can anyone else share their experiences of this with me - should i be worried and contacting a Dr ?

any advice would be great

thanks

MumofMaya Wed 13-Jul-11 20:14:42

Hello
I had a planned c section and I bled for quite a few weeks after. I was told this is normal and that it would peter off. It did and was pretty much gone by my 6 week GP appointment, so I wouldn't worry. Bleeding can get heavier when you over exert. Your body's way of telling you to slow things down.

I wouldn't worry too much unless it gets really very heavy all of a sudden for no reason.

I remember 3 weeks after my cesction I was bleeding a normal amount

FannyPriceless Wed 13-Jul-11 20:19:12

Why are you doing housework if you had a c section 3 weeks ago? Cease and desist now!

But to answer your question - I ended up back in hospital 3 weeks after c section with sudden gushing heavy bleeding. There was no explanation - they just watched me for a bit then sent me home again and it gradually faded away.

Piggyleroux Wed 13-Jul-11 20:46:06

Totally normal. I bled for eight weeks, stopped for a week, then bled for three more weeks. Gp said it was normal.

TheOriginalFAB Wed 13-Jul-11 20:48:06

You are bleeding heavier because you are doing too much. It will stop and start again when you are pushing yourself too hard.

beanlet Wed 13-Jul-11 20:53:53

I bled a lot for eight weeks, and I'm fine. But I certainly didn't di any bloody housework! If your DH will only take a sick note from the GP to let you off household chores, go to the doctor and get one! And sit down FHS!

Jacksterbear Wed 13-Jul-11 21:00:08

My bleeding got a lot heavier around 3 wks post-EMCS, because that was the time I started to feel like I "ought" to be back to "normal duties" and, like FAB says, overdid it a bit - sounds like you might be doing the same and should take it a bit easier.

mummysweeangel1 Wed 13-Jul-11 21:10:18

thankyou for the replies everyone,

think i will leave the chores for now and try taking it easy - easier said than done with a very busy 2 year old and hubby works 40 hours a week so i am on my own most of the day 5 days a week -

i really thought i felt fine and up to being back to normal regarding housework etc - will be putting my feet up for a while

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now