Talk

Advanced search

Bloody show and "irritable uterus" 34 weeks - anyone else had similar?

(4 Posts)
MamaLaMoo Sun 10-Jul-11 10:33:42

Was sent into day assessment unit last Monday with a bloody show and sharp pains at 33+2, kept in overnight and then sent home as I was not dilated.

Then on Friday 33+6 baby dropped dramatically, felt sudden nausea, had to empty bowls, more show and felt strong pressure in pelvis then had several hours of regular contractions (6 mins apart) which showed up clearly on CTG at delivery ward BUT not dilated so sent home. No UTI.

Getting tightenings - some quite noticeable off and on since then. The uncertainty of this is the worst bit! I know irritable uterus by itself doesn't mean a pre-term birth is imminent but what about if you have had a show as well?

I don't think I could stand weeks of am I/aren't I about to pop her out uncertainty. sad

MamaLaMoo Sun 10-Jul-11 20:25:21

Drama of the day following the above was passing a blood clot and having a fresh red bleed.

Been back to the hospital - getting very familiar with the delivery and assessment suite now. Ultrasound scan shows placenta is OK so back home again.

Constant braxton-hicks contractions, I am hoping this will all settle down and is not what I'm in for for the next few weeks.

PrincessScrumpy Sun 10-Jul-11 21:51:56

I had this at 32w but they kept me in and gave me drugs to slow it down and steroids for dd's lungs. It all stopped after 3 days and she was born at 39+5.

Keeping really well hydrated helps with bh and lots of rest. Take care x

MamaLaMoo Mon 11-Jul-11 10:34:32

Thanks PrincessScrumpy, it is reassuring to hear you delivered full term.

The midwives were saying to drink lots too so I will do that. Taking it easy is hard with a 2 1/2 yo to look after and my DH has been ill for weeks with a chest infection, he's on his second lot of antibiotics and still off work although things seem to finally be improving on that front. It's really unusual to have him sick like this - he is normally very healthy.

Have been trying to get family up to help for a few days at a time but I have not been getting enough quiet time never mind naps during the day! I hope that has not been the cause of all the pregnancy issues this last week. Fingers crossed it will all settle down now. Have midwife appt today - it will take her ages to read all the notes that have been added since last time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now