Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone else with lumpy c-section wound?

(5 Posts)
Astonmartinis Sat 09-Jul-11 10:49:00

Nearly five months after my c-sec and I'm not at all happy with this lump of flesh above the scar line that forms a nice fat horizontal sausage above the red scar line and below the knicker line.. attractive. Anyone else with this pant-problem? I'm doing sit ups occasionally (!) but that does nothing for baggy flesh...

HelloKlitty Sat 09-Jul-11 22:59:58

Aw it's normal sadly. I've had 2 sections and have that...mine isnt red anymore...(the scar) but I do have the extra roll....you've been cut right through your muscle and unless you get a tummy tuck it wont go completely...but you're only 5 months post op...in another months it will be much better.

somedayillbesaturdaynite Sat 09-Jul-11 23:34:05

i got pg 9 months after my 1st cs and stil didn't feel normal by then even having lost my baby weight plus extra. after 2nd cs i would say it took me well over a year to feel the muscles recovering and the skin to reachits minimum. but as helloklitty (love the name btw) says it never goes completely.

Astonmartinis Sun 10-Jul-11 11:57:27

Ah... 'sigh'. Thanks HK and SIBSN, I suppose I oughta throw away those bikinis.

HelloKlitty Sun 10-Jul-11 18:47:55

No no...it's still a new scar..give it time!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: