Talk

Advanced search

Pelvic toners???

(6 Posts)
ohanotherone Tue 05-Jul-11 20:39:47

Has anyone used these after childbirth, I'm thinking about the electrical ones rather than the cones. Do they work? Can anyone recommend one??? Am I even posting in the right place?

henryhsmum Tue 05-Jul-11 22:23:34

I have tried the cones and didn't get on with them. I now have a Kegel 8 is very good and gets very good. I would suggest trying the Plus probe to use initially as it is wider and stays in easier!

henryhsmum Tue 05-Jul-11 22:24:46

Sorry loads of errors in my post, am typing it on my phone! What I meant to say was Kegel 8 is very good, gets good reviews and their helpline is very good.

ohanotherone Wed 06-Jul-11 09:27:24

Thanks, I looked at another forum and they said about Kegel 8, there seem to be a few different models though. Has anyone else used them???

henryhsmum Wed 06-Jul-11 17:46:03

The main difference is basically that the Ultra models have more programmed than the tight and tone model. Personally I have the tight and tone and it has more than enough programmes, 9 in total for most situations (ie post childbirth, overall workout, different types of continence issues and prolapse). The one thing I would advise is to get the Plus model as it has a wider probe which post childbirth is useful as it is wider. The normal probe is shaped like a bullet but doesn't stay in place as well. You can use either probe on any of the machines though so you can always switch from one to another. I have the Kegel 8 Tight and Tone in the plus model and I have found it very good. The Kegel 8 helpline are great too and will advise you which programmes to use and which model would be best for you.

sleeplessinderbyshire Wed 06-Jul-11 23:38:03

I have a pericalm one on recommendation of the women's health physio I was referred to. Pelvic floor seems to be well on the mend so it must be working

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now