Talk

Advanced search

Induced with dd, quick labour, same again?

(7 Posts)
ragdollismyname Mon 27-Jun-11 19:03:21

Hiya everyone just wondering what other people's experiences have been. I was induced with my dd at 35 weeks due to pre-eclampsia. From them starting the syntocin drip to her being born it was 4 hours.
Am hoping to have a natural labour this time and just wondering if it will follow the same pattern and be quick? Feel like i have no experience of a real labour!!! thanks

spilttheteaagain Mon 27-Jun-11 19:20:36

Also interested in this. Slightly different experience - I was induced at 20 weeks after DD died last year. They didn't need to get anywhere near me with a drip (that was the next plan if the pessaries didn't do the trick), just put the pessaries in, I was contracting within an hour, and 3 hours from the pessaries she was born.

I'm now 32 weeks with DD2, wondering what my body will do in a natural labour and hoping I might be a fairly speedy one!

GwendolineMaryLacey Mon 27-Jun-11 19:22:49

Wondering too smile Induced last time and had a 4hr labour too. Was wondering if labour getting quicker each time applied to naturalabours after induced labours.

mosschops30 Mon 27-Jun-11 19:27:44

Induced with ds1 took 6 hours
Induced with ds2 - took 4 days ended with an emcs

OwlMother Mon 27-Jun-11 19:31:23

DS1 was born naturally, 7 hours.
DD1 induced on due date, 1.5 hours.
DS2 born naturally, at home 20mins after the midwife arrived, second midwife never made it!

ragdollismyname Thu 30-Jun-11 13:53:27

Spilttheteaagain i'm so sorry to hear about your previous experience. Here's hoping you have a fast natural labour this time.
Well we've had one speedy labour and one slow one. Could go either way then!!! Have to wait and see what happens i suppose....and here i was hoping for some ACTUAL proof that i am gonna have a quick labour again this time!!!

aftereight Thu 30-Jun-11 13:57:24

I was induced at 40+1 with DC1, pessary only and 3 hrs later I gave birth.
Natural labour with DC2, 8 hrs of established labour ending in EMCS.
Very different experience!
Good luck, hope you get the birth you want

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now