Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else "renesting";? Three days overdue!

(67 Posts)
Hormoneoverload Sun 26-Jun-11 14:31:24

...and everything I had in apple pie order is getting messed up again!

Cutiecat Sun 26-Jun-11 14:35:33

I am also three days over and amtrting to cutdownthe blinds for the spare room at the moment so my parents can stay. I just never get to the end of my list of jobs. Woukd much rather be gardening. Ohhow i wouldlove to have a practical husband.

Hormoneoverload Sun 26-Jun-11 14:41:47

I find my list, which was never-ending is immediately forgotten and irrelevant when baby arrives, but the most pressing thing in the world beforehand. Come on baby!

elseIlltellyourfather Sun 26-Jun-11 14:45:09

I have nearly built my crib today - 4 days overdue! In fairness to DH, I said I'd do it and he has been doing lots of other things. My hope is that my body is refusing to start labour until baby has a sleeping place (and rather sensible of it too). Am trying to enjoying using up last day (for a loooooong time) of really, truly being able to do nothing (DS1 at GPs). Bit bored to tell the truth.

Hormoneoverload Sun 26-Jun-11 15:27:15

Well done on the crib. Not sure what my body's waiting for. thought it might be dc's going to bed last night as strong twinges straight after. Now I think it's waiting for me to be really grumpy-not long now then..grin

Cutiecat Sun 26-Jun-11 16:06:36

I hope that this baby is going to pop out as soon as the bkinds are up as i am boiling. It is taking me hours to do this job as i am boiling. I just said to DH i could do with a swim in a birthing pool right now.

Cutiecat Sun 26-Jun-11 16:07:30

Ooops. Did i mention i am boiling! smile

Hormoneoverload Sun 26-Jun-11 16:14:47

Are you boiling cutiecat?wink think my baby is confused as to what's required. This time last week I was saying stay in until you've turned when I was admitted for unstable lie. Now I'm saying come out! Poor thing! Anyway, my dates say Tuesday really so shouldn't really feel late til then. Hope it cools down for everyone

Cutiecat Sun 26-Jun-11 16:17:19

Still just staring at the blinds.

Hormoneoverload Sun 26-Jun-11 16:20:13

I think people just don't have the stamina to test the "jobs will do themselves if you stare long enough at them theory". Keep at it! Dh is testing the "kitchen plinths will put themselves back by themselves if you leave them long enough" theory. That said, mainly because he's doing nice things with dc!

elseIlltellyourfather Sun 26-Jun-11 20:20:39

Sorry Hormone ruined your trial by finishing the crib today. However, the bloody mattress is too narrow - they have sent me one 5cms too small (Kiddicare) so am having to re-order. Was feeling so satisfied and convinced I needed to do it for labour to start. Now I'll have to wait days to get right mattress and I'm sure my body knows it!

What are everyones due dates (Or what were they?!). My poor nan has (mild) dementia and cannot cope with change - she is furious that the hospital told me baby would be here on 22nd and it is now 26th - she just can't understand why they would do that and has to go over and over it grin

Cutiecat Blinds up yet?

Hormoneoverload Sun 26-Jun-11 21:02:04

Well done on the crib smile. Bother about mattress sad. Due date here was 23rd, but I still have a feeling that the Pre scan date of 28th more accurate. It is such a dark art, that sonography that I don't really understand or trust it and our dates are as good as they get! It's too hot to do any walking or any other activities to get things going. No strong bh contractions tonight. Baby has forgotten it's due! Or I just can't work out the job that's holding us back!

Hormoneoverload Sun 26-Jun-11 21:11:46

Have new strategy-not doing washing up tonight hoping that reverse psychology of being unprepared will work! And too tired wink

elseIlltellyourfather Mon 27-Jun-11 10:33:23

Quite right too! MW coming this afternoon to do a sweep, my patience has run out! 30degrees here and fed up trying to keep DS amused while he complains about my feet in his paddling pool.

Will keep you posted but laready feel it will be a waste of time and regret asking for it - I feel I should just wait but I caaaaaan't.

washing up done yet? I am plodding through dishwasher in stages but will need to go back on again when empty as stuff is piling up smile

Hormoneoverload Mon 27-Jun-11 14:07:37

Ooh, I do hope the sweep works for you! Never had one but would take it if midwife offers tomorrow. Dishwasher is loaded but kind of joint effort with friend who came over to make cakes with , her dd and me. So there's still a sinkful-just different dishes! Niggling, but nothing exciting. Am cheating though-readjusting mental due date to tomorrow-the one from ovulation and lmp. So now I'm only four days over if I want to be. Think I'm losing it....

Cutiecat Mon 27-Jun-11 18:50:53

I readjusted my due date (which was 23rd) to be based on ovulation and it would have been today. Still nothing what a load of rubbish that third babies are early.

Did get one blind up but abandonned the other one and pinned a nice piece of fabric over the other window. I am guessing that piece of fabric might still be there in six months. blush

Hormoneoverload Mon 27-Jun-11 19:26:23

We're almost in sync then, cutiecat! By our standards six months would be very good going! The sealant on the bath was removed.....can't tell you how long but blushblushblush. Twinges galore here. But so unlike the other two-once there was anything to make me go ouch we were off and running!

Cutiecat Mon 27-Jun-11 21:07:47

I have had some twinges but nothing that has remotely made me grab my hospital bag. I am hoping that my waters will go, contractions start about an hour later (time for parents to get here) and then about an hour after we are at hospital.

Now I have said that I will probably have a long induction followed by a c-section.

Hormoneoverload Mon 27-Jun-11 21:21:00

Mine just feel like squeezing-on what I guess is a head something like in the pelvis. Timed a few for fun-eight to ten mins apart but just twingy. I really don't know what to make of it all. Am expecting to come to nothing and to go to bed soon. Have left the dishes again!! Hope you get some excitement soon!

Hormoneoverload Mon 27-Jun-11 22:24:15

And....nothing! Sure just bh, stronger but not useful and all gone! Midwife tomorrow.

kitcat83 Mon 27-Jun-11 22:39:24

I couldnt go to bed without mrking my place!

I am 40+3 today and with you all on the fed up and boiling!
I had a sweep this afternoon too but still nothing but plenty of BH, come on baby I am ready!!!!!!
Hope you all get some sleep tonight grin

Hormoneoverload Mon 27-Jun-11 22:43:44

Welcome kitkat! Hope I get no sleep tonight-but only if for the right reasons wink

kalo12 Mon 27-Jun-11 22:50:36

38 + 2 hot and bothered. But no nesting. Is nesting necessary? don't remember doing any last time either

Hormoneoverload Tue 28-Jun-11 06:42:02

No nesting required! Hasn't helped here so far! Hoping for a sweep today!

Cutiecat Tue 28-Jun-11 07:43:43

No news here. Sweep not until thursday. Off to DS sports day today. Hope it is not too hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now