Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm going over my birth notes with the MW tomorrow, what questions do I need to ask?

(4 Posts)
TribbleWithoutACause Fri 24-Jun-11 20:43:22

Hi,

Sorry I know this sounds redundant but I have never done this sort of thing before.

I had a bit of a time of it when DS was born (now eight months), I'm still not sure I've processed it all to be honest. I still get upset when I think about it all and I just want to get my head round it. I'm hoping that going over my notes with the MW will help me understand what happened a bit better or at the very least help me confront what I'm feeling about it.

Long story short, it was a long labour with an ambulance ride half way through during which I used every drug under the sun and ended up with forceps and an episotomy. It was pretty horrid to be honest, and if someone told me that I was giving birth again tomorrow and that there was the prospect of it happening again, I'd punch them in the face and cry.

So can someone help me, I just need to know what questions I should be asking and what I should expect at the end of it.

Thank you.

Morph2 Fri 24-Jun-11 21:12:53

might be different in your area but when i saw birth reflections (as its called here) the mw asked me to tell him about the birth and she then confirmed/ filled in extra on various things. I didn't have a list of questions as such but they just came up during the conversation

TribbleWithoutACause Fri 24-Jun-11 21:19:01

I don't think we have a birth reflections service, its the community midwife thats coming out to me to go through them with me. Actually that makes sense for them to ask you to tell them about the birth, maybe I'll start off with that as it makes more sense to sort of go through what I remember and ask her to clarify things for me.

Sarah159 Fri 24-Jun-11 21:21:05

Maybe ask if you can keep a copy? (I'm assuming, possibly wrongly, that you don't have a copy already) Then you can also go through them in your own time privately, which may help with the processing. Agree with Morph2, things will probably just come up in the course of the convo, but in terms of the form you may want to ask about abbreviations that they use and what they mean

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now