Talk

Advanced search

Normal labour after back to back, I have a q.

(8 Posts)
prolificwillybreeder Thu 23-Jun-11 19:41:09

DS was back to back labour, my first so I didn't know any different.
Am in slow, early labour now contractions don't feel the same but still definitely contractions IYSWIM? Similar but not the same, less pressure I guess.

I wondered what and where did you contractions feel like?

Thank you smile

NorthLondonDoulas Fri 24-Jun-11 17:12:55

Congrats! Maybe you have had your baby by now but if you havnt...

My first two labours were back to back and they were so painful, i felt all the contractions full pelt in my back like someone was smashing it with a hammer and i had no gap inbetween contractions were i didn't feel nasty discomfort.

However my last two labours were normal and they both started with period like pains in my lower back and tummy which built up into stronger and stronger contractions across the front - the more i walked around, the more intense they became and the quicker my labour progressed.

Not sure if that was any help or not lol, but good luck and i hope you have a wonderful birth experience and a very happy & healthy bubba.x

MayDayChild Fri 24-Jun-11 19:03:17

Yes 2 labour was a vast improvement on the back to back first one! I got gaps inbetween! And gas and air worked!

prolificwillybreeder Fri 24-Jun-11 19:11:07

NLD, sadly no baby yet! Interesting that your contractions were all out front, as are mine. It feels odd after having such horrific back pain and pressure in your bottom.
Have written huge reply to your post on my other thread.

MDC- that is good to know as G&A did bugger all last time other than to pass the time! Once I sorted my breathing out anyhow.

Hoping for an easier delivery this time...once I get to established labour! sad

mumblebum Fri 24-Jun-11 19:16:07

I found normal labour so much easier than the back to back labour. Much, much less painful. To the point that I didn't really realise how far things had progressed and left it a bit late to get to the hospital! The only pain relief I ended up having was 2 paracetamol and 2 puffs of G&A when I first got to the hospital.

Fingers crossed for you.

Adagoo Fri 24-Jun-11 19:20:46

I had week of very slow labour. It made me very sad. I was 3cm from monday to friday. Then blammo! 1hour 20minutes. The actual labour was like a birthday present. She fell out. I second that G&A was a total waste of time with my B2B labour, but worked for the 2inhales I had to push her out.

Good luck smile

missorinoco Fri 24-Jun-11 19:23:08

Much easier. I only went in cos I was early, and was shocked when they told me I was in labour. At the same point with the previous child I had been on the floor screaming. This time I was on the sofa with a couple of Paracetamol after several hours.

Good luck.

BertieBasset Sat 25-Jun-11 13:43:55

Agree with the others, "normal" labour I found much easier to cope with, back to back labour I was beside myself. For me baths worked brilliantly this time round with normal labour.

Lots of luck!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now