Talk

Advanced search

Alexandra Hospital Redditch - anyone with recent-ish experience of elective c section?

(1 Post)
verybusybear Thu 23-Jun-11 18:47:48

Hi,

I had an emcs with DD1 due to failure to progress and her heart rate dropping. I was 2 weeks overdue and ended up on the lovely induction drip, but never got past 2 cms and that was after 9 hours.

I know that there are loads of threads out there about whether we really do get to choose whether we can have a c-section or whether we get forced into VBAC.

From reading a lot of these, peoples experiences seem to vary greatly from one hospital to another. So I wondered if there were any people out there with experience of trying to get an elective c section at the Alexandra Hospital in Redditch. My appointment with the consultant is in 3 weeks and I want to be prepared for what kind of battle I face. The midwife that I saw at the 12 week scan pretty much told me that I'd be having a VBAC and they've booked me in already for a course to teach me how to do it!

I will add at this point that I'm fairly undecided which way I want to go. But I wanted a sensible discussion with the consultant / midwife which covered the pros and cons of each and then left the decision up to me. Is that too much to ask?! I worry that I may have to change hospital if their viewpoint is as I'm beginning to fear it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now