I had an emcs with DD1 due to failure to progress and her heart rate dropping. I was 2 weeks overdue and ended up on the lovely induction drip, but never got past 2 cms and that was after 9 hours.
I know that there are loads of threads out there about whether we really do get to choose whether we can have a c-section or whether we get forced into VBAC.
From reading a lot of these, peoples experiences seem to vary greatly from one hospital to another. So I wondered if there were any people out there with experience of trying to get an elective c section at the Alexandra Hospital in Redditch. My appointment with the consultant is in 3 weeks and I want to be prepared for what kind of battle I face. The midwife that I saw at the 12 week scan pretty much told me that I'd be having a VBAC and they've booked me in already for a course to teach me how to do it!
I will add at this point that I'm fairly undecided which way I want to go. But I wanted a sensible discussion with the consultant / midwife which covered the pros and cons of each and then left the decision up to me. Is that too much to ask?! I worry that I may have to change hospital if their viewpoint is as I'm beginning to fear it is.