Talk

Advanced search

Section wound - things still hurting @ 19wks

(7 Posts)
LunaticFringe Wed 22-Jun-11 21:09:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misshey Wed 22-Jun-11 22:44:50

Hi there I had many probs after my c section the numbness is definately normal but you might want to speak to someone if your still in pain after 19 weeks my pain was due to an infection in my stomach although i dont no how likely that is after 19 weeks. The nerves only repair at a rate of something like a millimetre a week i think which is what causes the numbness. Hope you get it sorted.

Raven78 Thu 23-Jun-11 16:32:54

AngryGnome Thu 23-Jun-11 19:57:54

I had an EMCS nearly 7 months ago.
My scar has healed really well, but it still hurts to wear a tight waistband, lean against kitchen counter etc. I think this is relatively normal, but if you are worried you could have a chat with your GP.

My HV told me that as CS are so common these days, we often forget that it is quite major surgery. It will take time to get over it fully, so be kind to yourself, take it easy if you can!

LunaticFringe Fri 24-Jun-11 22:05:13

Haggisfish Fri 24-Jun-11 23:16:34

numbness definitely normal, and I was sore for AAGES leaning against things - it is much better now, and I am one year on from CS.

turbochildren Sat 25-Jun-11 14:55:48

I would check it with doctor, remember it's seven or eight layers stitched up. A bit late in the day to advice, but it takes time to heal, and we often do too much too soon. I've had three sections now, and only with nr three did I slow down sufficiently for the healing to happen at a good rate. (19 wks also)
so yeah, have it checked with dr, and put your legs up when you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now